What satellite does HD Absolute use?

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Is all the programming on 129? And is the Dish 1000 all I need for HD Absolute package ONLY? I get my locals from OTA antenna. In front of the dish are 3 LNB's. The problem is he had to install dish without a meter because his broke yesterday. He's going to come back and re-align dish with a meter. Some of the channels are going in and out. I hope it's just the alignment. The signal strength shows 37%. Thanks.

Thanks tsduke. Would it say 1000.2 on the dish? Because the receipt doesn't list what dish he installed. The 37% signal strength is pretty low, correct? What's a good signal strength?

I live in southern Wisconsin. As far as your other 2 questions, I don't know.

I live in southern Wisconsin. As far as your other 2 questions, I don't know.

Well, you said you had 37% signal strength. To know that you would have to be on the signal strength page. If you look above the signal strength bar, you will see a few fields. Zip Code, Tuner (if you have a dual tuner) Satellite and Transponder. When you see 37%, what satellite is in that box, and what transponder does it show?

Is all the programming on 129? And is the Dish 1000 all I need for HD Absolute package ONLY? I get my locals from OTA antenna. In front of the dish are 3 LNB's. The problem is he had to install dish without a meter because his broke yesterday. He's going to come back and re-align dish with a meter. Some of the channels are going in and out. I hope it's just the alignment. The signal strength shows 37%. Thanks.
You still need 119 for the EEPG. I use 61.5, 110, and 119 for my HD Absolute subscription.