What satellites will I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rayf937

Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Scranton
I live in northern new jersey and have heavy tree growth. I did some measurements and I'm confident that I can see at least satellite 110W. Is that enough for Dish Networks Top250 plan + HD?

Nope.

You can get an installer to check. They're pros, they do it a lot, and may come up with an option you or I might overlook.

I'm just trying to get a general idea of which satellites I need. I lived in eastern Pennsylvania for a while and we used satellite 61.5W for the same package

It would appear that your local channels are on 61.5. So, you would need that for the locals, HD and SD. Most of the HD channels are on 72.7. You should be Eastern Arc, 61.5, 72.7, 77. You really should get a tech out there to look it over. 110 by itself isn't going to buy you much.

That's why you need to take the advice given!! lol... have Dish installer come out.

I know, I'm trying to get a general idea of where I need the satellite to point. We had a tech come out, but he was lazy and didn't check the open spots. So I'm trying to save myself the time and his time by seeing if I can get an open view of 61.5W, or whatever I need.

I know, I'm trying to get a general idea of where I need the satellite to point. We had a tech come out, but he was lazy and didn't check the open spots. So I'm trying to save myself the time and his time by seeing if I can get an open view of 61.5W, or whatever I need.

YOU NEED TO SEE 3 SATELLITES WITH ONE DISH one satellite 61.5 or 110 won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, by saying I can see 61.5W, I meant I can see 61.5W, 72.7, and 77. Really I just wanted to scope out locations for the dish depending on what direction it has to face. I don't have a huge opening in the trees, but I think I have enough for 61.5W and the other two. IF...those are the ones I would need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)