This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What signal meter works with Terk S26 dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gopherhockey

Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
I know others have asked similar, but I haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for so forgive me for re-asking.

I recently purchased a Terk s26 dish with the triple-lnb to help me get HDTV via DirecTV etc. It has the 4 multiswitch built into the lnb.

My question is... what signal meter could I use to simplify the installation of this dish? I understand it now has 3 lnb's so lining it up will be a bit more tricky than it was with a single, so I'm ready to purchase some help. I'd prefer not to spend hundreds on digital pro style equipment if a $10 meter would work... but then again I want to be sure I can align it correctly for HDTV and not struggle just to save a buck or two.

Can someone recommend a meter, and where to buy?

Set the tilt and elevation on the dish, and aim 101 from port #1. If you have a meter with a 22KHz tone, turn it (the tone) off. Once you have 101 peaked, everything else should be fine. Or, of course, you can buy the Birdog.

I use digistat II and nail it everytime

find your tilt setting set it , and set your elevation then sweep your azimuth
you should be able to find all

Status
Please reply by conversation.