What the heck is going on here?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RJS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Hazel Green, WI
About a two weeks ago I decided to re-upgrade to HD. It took about 9 days before the tech finally arrived to do this. He said long waits are becoming commonplace around here (Southwestern Wisconsin) as techs are getting hard to find.

He got out a Dish 1000 and installed it along with a new 722 receiver in my HT setup. I took my 625 and moved it upstairs to replace my 508.

All was well for the first 24 hrs. I didn't get much opportunity to use the 722 as we had some things to get done so it was the following evening before I got around to it. When I turned it on the picture started to jump and flicker ( I had 449 or something software) so I decided to reboot. The unit started to reboot but never came back on. I tried again...nothing.

I called Dish and after about a half hour of trying they said they would send a new machine. Disapointing but hey, s--- happens!

So, the next morning I was on the computer and my wife was watching TV on the 625 upstairs. About an hour later she had to go away. Shortly after that I went upstairs and decided to watch TV before I also had to leave. I turned on the TV and Dish 625 and...what? I had a message that there was no signal or there was something wrong with one of the inputs.

I ran a check switch. Same message. Tried again. Same. I checked all the connections on the 625 and all was right. I went outside and checked all the cable for breaks or bad connections. All was O.K.

I called Dish. The CSR had me run yet another check switch. no good. It was saying it had to complete 50 tests. I was told later that this is way too many.

The CSR told me a tech would have to check it out. The soonest I could get one was July 2, three weeks away. I asked him if he realized that I could be completly without service for three weeks and he said he was sorry but it was the best he could do.

Well, we waited for the new 722 to arrive and I was really worried it wouldn't work because I had gone out earlier and reversed the inputs outside so the feed for the 722 was now going to the 625 and it didn't work.

I was relieved because the 722 did work after all and has been running well since. My wife, who watches a lot of late night TV because she "doesn't like to go to bed early" doesn't want to go to the basement late at night..."It's cold down there!" I have to say I'm geting tired of her complaining but I do understand her frustration.

It is now a week away before the tech is supposed to come. I got Dish to reschedule for the 28th, a few days earlier.

I am totally confused as to what could be the trouble. I got Dish to send out another 625 to try but it made no difference. I am gettin all three satellites 110, 119 and 129 on the 722. If the LNBs were bad shouldn't it affect the 722's performance as well?

Thank you for putting up with my rant.
I am asking here because some of you are quite knowledgeable and may be able to offer some insight to this problem. If not I guess I'll have to wait for the tech.

I don't have to tell you Dish is going to hear about this when all is settled. I've been with partial service for most of the month and no service for nearly a week.

the first thing i would do is ask for a credit for the time you didn't have service. it's not your fault they couldn't get out there earlier. i'm glad your 722 is good now but your experience is unusual. maybe some one here has experienced something similar.

I love my Dishnetwork. I really do. BUT...

If I lost service and the soonest they could send someone to fix it was THREE WEEKS, the DVR and dish would be in a trash can awaiting the tech's arrival and I'd have cable, DirecTV,a roof antenna or even just AM radio, if I had to, before I'd take that kind of treatment from Echostar. And unless they really really kissed my butt very sweetly, I'd never come back.

Then again perhaps this is a message from the spirit world telling you to become a techie your ownself and just buy hardware from folks like Dish et al.

The folks here can help anybody get "techie" enough to handle satellite TV. This is a real community of the knowing helping the novice.

Bottom line: Grab some tools and take a shot at fixing it yourself or pitch it. Either way, you'll feel a lot less like a victim.

And keep us posted.

If I lost service and the soonest they could send someone to fix it was THREE WEEKS, the DVR and dish would be in a trash can awaiting the tech's arrival and I'd have cable, DirecTV,a roof antenna or even just AM radio, if I had to, before I'd take that kind of treatment from Echostar. And unless they really really kissed my butt very sweetly, I'd never come back.

You have to realize though, there is a REASON why it would take 3 weeks to get there. Techs are overworked as it is. If the schedule is completely booked, would it be fair to bump someone else off so a tech could come to your house sooner? How would you feel in that situation?

You have to realize though, there is a REASON why it would take 3 weeks to get there. Techs are overworked as it is. If the schedule is completely booked, would it be fair to bump someone else off so a tech could come to your house sooner? How would you feel in that situation?

That's why DNS is sending a lot of techs temporarily out of market to help with the overload.

Two things: In every story like this the install happens a lot faster than the (possibly)no charge warranty service call. That smells fishy clear across the country.

Second, you assume I put the monkey on the Tech's back. I don't. It belongs squarely on Dish Network. They're selling the service and then failing to provide service.

If the techs are spread too thin then Dish isn't paying it's contractors enough for service calls. They're pocketing the more profit and the customer suffers and mistakenly blames Chuck in a Truck There is a price for a service call at which the country would be flooded with folks begging to be Dish Techs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts