What to do if you "move"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

uhai1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
What do people who have "moved" do when they have problems and need new receivers or want to upgrade equipment? Not having any problems yet but curious just in case.

PRAY, on TWO occasions E sent replacement boxes to my moved physical:( DESPITE CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS to send it to billing address. Told them it might get stolen going to physical:(

I used a schools address, so it could never cause a conflict. Drove a couple hundred miles each time this happened, 2.5 hours each way.

The school was my customer:( I gave them a free service call for their trouble, worth over 200 bucks.

I fix upgrade etc everything myself and after that got rid of my bug ridden 721s upgraded to 522 / 625 and bought a spare box too.

After this I moved home, the multiple dual tuner DVRs solved conflicts and E shut off the feeds, had to by court decree:(

Best advice work with a local dealer who can help, or get a close by sat guys member to help you out. Buy a spare box, and hope for the best:)

thanks for the reply. I live in the 3% of the country that cannot get locals. WE have one HD ABC and One SD CBS which has no plans of going HD and I get very poor reception on antenna. They also will not grant me a waiver. It's sad you even have to consider moving just to enjoy HD programming. So I was just wondering about the equipment issue.

I have had an lnb sent to my Aunt's address, that I was using for my service address at the time and last month a remote control that I ordered through the online DISH site. My aunt sent my lnb to me and the remote control I called and talked to the tech . He said when they couldn't deliver the remote to my address they would send it back to DISH. So he charged me for another remote control and credited it back to me and I got it at my real address that week. As for the receivers needing to be replaced, I have always got DISH to send them to my billing address with no problems. Replaced several over the last 13 years and have been "moved" for at least 5 or 6 years now.

Like Bob, on two occasions when I was a "mover" the morons at Dish shipped to my listed physical address despite ensuring me the hardware would be sent to my billing address. Unlike Bob, the address I used was randomly selected and on one occasion the hardware was actually delivered to this address (I don't know what the individual ultimately did with it...perhaps he became a Dish customer?).

Anyway, I have since "moved back" to my billing address so hardware dealings are not any longer a "hope and see" proposition.

I MOVED and stupidly ordered some of the free stuff off of the dish website. Not thinking of the address, it went to the service address. Well, it was a made up address that didn't exist. So when UPS went to deliver the tracking status was set to " A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION"

I called and they let me change it to pickup at nearest location. The location is over 2 hour drive from here so I won't be picking them up. Needless to say they should go back to Dish after 5 business days. So I would recommend choosing somewhere close in case you need to pick them up.

Just move back to your "real" physical addy, either get the replacement equip &/or have the tech come out & do what needs to be done. Once everything is fixed, give it a few days & just move back - NOT rocket science here...

OMG

You mean people don't actually live where they say they are. That's just so unbelievable. :eek: Lets see now I've lived in Kansas, Missouri, & Arkansas I'm about to move and then will move to OK city. No E* HD (or D* for that matter) where I'm moving. Also I'm in contract so not going to the U-verse vid that is available (just their net). Billing address to answer the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)