what would you like your DVR to do?

I wish the buffer bar (I think it is called) would show when the play button is pushed. Lots times while watching a recording we would like to know how much time is left to view. In the 722 you have to press pause or fast forward for the bar to show up. The MOXI and Motorola's 3416 DVR you just press the play button and it shows up and also the recording keeps playing for you.

I wish the 722 had mini quick menus like MOXI and Motorola's 3416 has. It is little mini menus that would pop up for checking or setting things up in the DVR. They would have maybe four or five things to let you do. One that comes off the top of my head is a favorite selection. If you are watching a channel and like it you could just hit the quick menu button and hit the favorite button and it would be added in your favorites. In the 722 you have to do bunches of steps to set up a favorite.

The request was for limit on number of recordings in a folder.
I think this is individually set by specifing the the max number of recordings on the timer page.
-Ken

The ability to connect several DVRs together so they can share recordings and tuners so and would act like 1 mega DVR.

I wish the skip forward button was adjustable like the MOXI DVR is. When I had a MOXI while with Charter Cable, I had it set for 3 minutes instead of 30 seconds. Usually one push of the button was all that was needed to skip the commercials. Also, while watching a recording the next and back buttons would skip ahead or back 15 minutes. That came in handy sometimes too.

Rather than this I would like commercial advance like my old replay had, it worked pretty well, no need to press any buttons to skip the commercials

... When you turn it on you see that "aquiring satellite" screen that never completes (obviously), and no buttons seem to work ... except MENU. I can go to MENU->Preferences->MyRecordings and watch recorded shows that way.
Thanks for pointing this out. You are correct. I can watch DVR recordings without a satellite signal.

This may have always worked. But several months ago when I was exchanging my old 622 for a new one (under warranty) I was told by a Dish tech that I would have to swap the satellite cables between the two receivers to watch the recordings on the old DVR. And I believed her :(

Talon Dancer

How about not considering an HD first run episode on an HD channel a "duplicate event" because I already recorded the SD version on another channel.

(I have to un-skip Torchwood every week on HDNET because the same episode ran on BBC America a couple weeks earlier)

I apologize if I have helped morph a "great new ideas" thread into a "bugs in existing software" thread.

If you use Dish Pass, you can specify the channel as well as HD preferred or HD only.
It does require a second pass.

I would like to see changing the channel number of a previously defined weekly/daily recording.
When I went on vacation, I had to delete and reinstate 20 or more (non-Dish Pass) recordings.
This to use non-HD and not fill the disk but to get a recording.
-Ken

Here's one we've mentioned more than once at our house...

Family Delete Feature:
Set up a number of "Delete Users" and assign "Delete Users" to each recording. The recording will only delete from the hard drive when all users assigned to it have "checked off" on the programs deletion.

For example, My wife and I both love watching Heroes. She works Monday evenings. I usually watch it later Monday night after the kids are asleep, but she doesn’t usually watch it until Tuesday afternoon. It would be nice if I could check off "Delete" next to my name when I'm finished watching it, and when she watches it and "checks off" the delete box the system will then, and only then, delete the episode because both users have deleted it.

The other feature I'd like to see is ethernet based networking of DVRs (and non-DVRs if possible). If DVR 1 records a show, allow the other receivers in the house to view it via streaming the show across the network. I read something in another post about smart scheduling like MythTV (if DVR 1 is recording on all inputs, auto-schedule DVR 2 to record the episode), I'd like that too. Since all DVRs would be networked at that point, where the show resides for playback is of no concern.

Kurt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)