What's included with Dish Netwk free install?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

flamtap

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2003
Cary, NC
Hi,

I am planning on starting up with Dish network again soon. I have some questions about what's included in the install, and what I might need to do before the install. Thanks in advance for any answers!

My setup: 622 receiver feeding an HDTV, and a SDTV in another room.

1 - The location of the receiver does not have a cable outlet - will the installer run coax from the Dish into the wall and put in a new outlet? (first floor, crawlspace below) How many coax are required from the Dish to the rcvr? (2?) Will the installer add one more coax for the connection from 622 to TV2?

2 - Will the installer add any cable to connect my OTA antenna? (In attic).

So I think I'd need 3-4 coax at the receiver (2 from Dish, 1 to TV2, 1 from OTA) and a phone line... if I have the OTA coax and phone wire ready in the crawlspace near the receiver, will the installer pull them to the outlet box also and terminate them?

Again, thanks for any answers!

-RT

They run whatever is needed to get the system going. Most likely he would run 1 new cable to the 622 and 1 new cable to the TV2. As for OTA most technicians wont but if you have it right there or give him a decent tip he would most likley hook up the OTA to the 622. The 622 does need the phone connected, if the line is right there that will save him a bunch of time. It is best to help out the technicians as much as possible. If you explain exactly what you want and help to get that it should be a smooth process.

1) No, they do not install wall plates. You could mount it yourself beforehand and if it's accessible from below, feed the cable to it. He'd (or she) then need to make you a short cable from the wall plate to the receiver.

2) With a decent tip, I'm sure he/she will.

Most installers won't do wall fishes or add extra stuff like a wall box without you paying more for that to happen. If you're competent to do so and have the right stuff why not run all those cables to the new location yourself ahead of time? That way you'll know the job is done right and to your personal standards, and you'll save time and hence money during the actual installation. The installer then just needs to confirm the connections and make sure everything is operating correctly. If you're unsure what you need to do this (cable types, etc.) then you'll need help.

Whether you need one or two sat. feeds to the 622 depends entirely on what it is going to be connected to. With DPP equipment (LNB and/or switch) then only one feed is needed and the separator that comes with the 622 "splits" (actually, unstacks) the signals to the two sat. tuner inputs. Regardless, if you're running cables yourself add extras for future expansion possibilities.

Tip the installer either way commensurate with the amount of work done and the quality of the job...

1) No, they do not install wall plates.--HALL

Where did you get this info from? Part of DNS or e* installation is providing the customer w/ a certified quality installation. which includes running new lines if existing is not present. Wall fishing is questionable but if a wall/floor penetration can be done E* will install a wall plate/gushing at no charge to the customer. As far as the OTA the tech can either diplex it or run a line. That's if the tech is an internal E* installer - subs may charge.

I'll admit, it probably doesn't apply 100%, but a wall plate will usually involve wall fishing, which is either not done or costs extra. The "free" or "standard" install doesn't include that, does it ?? I don't think so, but I'm not an installer. I think it all comes down to how easy or accessible the location is.

1) No, they do not install wall plates. You could mount it yourself beforehand and if it's accessible from below, feed the cable to it. He'd (or she) then need to make you a short cable from the wall plate to the receiver.

2) With a decent tip, I'm sure he/she will.

My installer installed a wall jack (just one needed). It was a wall fish but just an outside wall. I didn't tip. I didn't even think to.

If it is a wall penitration it is free. If it is a fish then it is custom labor at $59.00 an hour.

Hard line phone line is also a charge, it's not included in the install. Only phone line included is the 20' cord that comes in the box. If you have a jack that can plug in it's free. If the installer has to put in a phone line it's a charge.

OTA is not included in the free install. If the cable is there then they will connect it to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts