What's the latest on remote scheduling on the 622/722?

Don't ask, Don't Tell....
I know some individuals were selected to beta test in 07. Haven't heard a peep from anyone yet...

Or you could just get a Slingbox (available on Ebay for less than $100 - even as low as $60 incl shipping) and you can program AND view your 622 remotely...

Remote Scheduling seems like a pointless option to me given the flexibility I have with my Slingbox.

Don't ask, Don't Tell....
I know some individuals were selected to beta test in 07. Haven't heard a peep from anyone yet...

Access to web schedule was revoked from beta testers about a month ago. No clue what they are up to

How does the slingbox hook up to my Vip 722? And what functionality would I have with it. Also, I am considering purchasing an original slingbox (model US100-100) from a friend of mine. Will I be able to set my DVR? I am a little behind on knowing about this technology. Thanks for your assistance!

Sorry to completely hack the thread.....

Yeah, a slingbox is infinitely preferable to the lame dishonline website.

it connects to the video (SD) and audio outputs of your receiver and your home network. Basically anything you can do at home sitting in front of your TV you can do remotely with your computer.

So, now that DirecTV is bringing this to their DVRs, what is the chance that Dish Network will resurrect or rework this feature to a point at which it is 'usable'?

Does anyone have any connections within Dish Network, through which this question could be asked?

Spence

EDITED - Okay, I see that Dish Network's site is still "live".
Dish Online
...and still very slow. Everything I'm seeing is that the infrastructure is still there, they only need to optimize it and re-enable the service correct?

i'd rather see a device like the slingbox to view stuff vs just programming it for a missed show.
I see about zero need for that personally but since i got the sling i love the DVR even more. I work at home but the TVs in the other room, no wait it's right here on my DELL monitor streaming at 3000k :)

if they can make and sell a pocketdish device why not make a tiny box to network it and have it be cheap, under 100 dollars.

EDITED - Okay, I see that Dish Network's site is still "live". Dish Online
...and still very slow. Everything I'm seeing is that the infrastructure is still there, they only need to optimize it and re-enable the service correct?
That website was up long before the 'public' test of the remote-programming feature was made available.

From the beta that I tested you could tell they didn't have their "A" team working on it. In fact I think its safe to say that their beta SUCKED.

They need to get rid of the flash which was slow and only showed 10 pages at a time.

They need to look at DirecTV's remote booking feature and see how a real company does it.

Blame the web-side people for this one, I think..... The DVR people provided the "hooks" or calls that they needed and that part worked. The web-interface, which I really, really doubt was designed/programed by the DVR folks, was the problem.

How does the slingbox hook up to my Vip 722? And what functionality would I have with it.

All of your questions are answered on the Sling Media web site. But if you are truly challenged by technology, here's a summary of the important connections on a classic Slingbox

* Two IR Blasters, to control your Dish Network receiver
* Two RCA connections to receive the stereo audio output from your Dish Network receiver
* Video connection to receive the video signal (S-video or Composite) from the Dish Network receiver
* Ethernet connection, so the box can act as a server for the Sling Player client, which runs on a PC, Mac, PDA, or mobile phone

Other connections present on newer Slingbox models, or which are irrelevant to this discussion include component video inputs, antenna input, and pass-thru audio/video connections.

Once properly installed and configured (configuration might be a challenge for you, especially if you have to poke a hole through your firewall), you can view TV and control your receiver as though you were in your living room.

sling2dj4.jpg

From my experience, a minimum uplink of 400kbits/sec is needed for minimally acceptable quality (thumbnail-size video).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts