Whats the name of the program to tune your HDTV in HDNET?

Diamond Dog

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Someone mentioned that there is a program on early in the morning on HDNET that helps you tune your TV setting for the best picture. Can someone tell me the name, days, and times of this program?

Thanks

If we're talking about the HDNET test pattern, it used to on Tuesday @ 08:00 EDT.
My guide is showing something else now. Maybe it's still shown at that time. It runs for 10 minutes and gives various alignment patterns.

It ran this Tuesday @ 7:10 CST. It was in the guide for 7:00, but didn't come on until 7:10.

Well, I've tweaked quite a bit with Avia, so I just wanted to reference my setting against a 1080i signal vs the 480p from my DVD player....

Didn't change anything....

You can use the HDNET tests pattern for resolution, and color, but as far as overscan, I find that my 921 and former 811 had way too much overscan. 14 on the sides(921) and 10(811).

Ditto here, although the technician who installed my replacement guns (I had the Sony brightness flickering problem that was covered under warranty) may have set the overscan higher than it used to be.

GaryPen said:
I'd rather live with a gawdawful picture, than wake up for a 5am test pattern. :eek:

I'd be bleary-eyed and seeing double at that hour of the morning anyway, so it would be of no use, anyway. :sleeo
I'm with ya there! Fortunately, I have a 921, so I just keep a copy on disk. :)

GaryPen said:
I'd rather live with a gawdawful picture, than wake up for a 5am test pattern. :eek:

I'd be bleary-eyed and seeing double at that hour of the morning anyway, so it would be of no use, anyway. :sleeo

Ya'll are funny.... at 5 am I'm justing getting back from my daily 5 mile run.

Mark_AR said:
You can use the HDNET tests pattern for resolution, and color, but as far as overscan, I find that my 921 and former 811 had way too much overscan. 14 on the sides(921) and 10(811).

That's pretty consistent with what I see on mine... I adjusted the geometry on my set till I literally couldn't make the picture any more narrow, and still getting about 10-12% overscan on the sides. Top/bottom are fine, though.

snathanb said:
Ya'll are funny.... at 5 am I'm justing getting back from my daily 5 mile run.

At 5am I MIGHT be getting back from my 5 minute run to the bathroom and that's IT.

You're a better man than me, snathanb.

BobMurdoch said:
You're a better man than me, snathanb.

I doubt that! Just different priorities and hobbies.
Besides... any later than that and it's too hot in Texas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)