what's up with G10C/18

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spacebug42

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Woodland, CA
I was spending some time tonight with my FTA system and was checking out what was on G10C/18. All of the stations were coming up pixelated and the audio was very choppy. Has anyone observed the same problem as I had? I did a scan on Echostar 9 and found it strange that everything that was on G10C/18 is now on Echostar 9. Is this because G10C/18 is having a system failure and ES9 is being used temporarily to reroute the broadcasts or are they shutting down G10C/18 for good?

Sounds like your dish might be 1° too far West, so you're picking up either edge of 123°W when you move from 121°W to 123°W. Try bumping the dish a bit back East using the remote. You should be able to move the motor in the setup menu somewhere. If you go to 123°W and move the motor slightly East, the signal quality should jump up, which will confirm your setup is off just a hair.

thanks for the tip

Thanks Gillham for the tip. I will check on the alignment of the dish tomorrow after work. I did find it odd though that G10C/18 seemed out of whack and was picking up the G10C/18 on Echostar 9, but when I looked at the G19, AMC2/4, and White Springs birds, the signals were coming in clear. I was laughing my head off at the ending of an Abbott and Costello movie on White Springs which was involving some sort of "test" drive in a racing car and how the Costello character was driving it into all these wrong places - the airport, lots of buildings, going under a petroleum truck, and nearly hitting other vehicles and people. It was hilarious!

... I was laughing my head off at the ending of an Abbott and Costello movie on White Springs which was involving some sort of "test" drive in a racing car and how the Costello character was driving it into all these wrong places - the airport, lots of buildings, going under a petroleum truck, and nearly hitting other vehicles and people. It was hilarious!

:rolleyes: Thanks spacebug42 for the programm channel tip, but a little bit late...I´ll be happy if you inform about an interesting show in FTA...:)

Thanks Gillham for the tip. I will check on the alignment of the dish tomorrow after work. I did find it odd though that G10C/18 seemed out of whack and was picking up the G10C/18 on Echostar 9, but when I looked at the G19, AMC2/4, and White Springs birds, the signals were coming in clear. I was laughing my head off at the ending of an Abbott and Costello movie on White Springs which was involving some sort of "test" drive in a racing car and how the Costello character was driving it into all these wrong places - the airport, lots of buildings, going under a petroleum truck, and nearly hitting other vehicles and people. It was hilarious!

Yup, I watched that one too. It was pretty funny.

magnigyro, they rerun the programming content several times in different timeslots. There is (or was last I looked) a guide on their website.

Yup, I watched that one too. It was pretty funny.

magnigyro, they rerun the programming content several times in different timeslots. There is (or was last I looked) a guide on their website.

Good! Thanks melgarga...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts