Whats with Dish????

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
I woke this morning to find my service is shutoff!!! I call up and the computer tells me I'm past due. (I just paid 12-15) and I owe $83 (true) but only for Dec./Jan

Now I realize you always pay for service in advance but for the last 5 yrs have always paid like this they get paid in the middle of the month.

If anything I might be 2 wks late?? Did they change policys regarding payment.

I've been a long time customer (since 1998) They might have just lost me as customer for being less than a month late.

Bob Hale
Grafton,NH

n1wbd said:
I woke this morning to find my service is shutoff!!! I call up and the computer tells me I'm past due. (I just paid 12-15) and I owe $83 (true) but only for Dec./Jan

Now I realize you always pay for service in advance but for the last 5 yrs have always paid like this they get paid in the middle of the month.

If anything I might be 2 wks late?? Did they change policys regarding payment.

I've been a long time customer (since 1998) They might have just lost me as customer for being less than a month late.

Bob Hale
Grafton,NH

First of all, if you are late, it's not their fault that you're late.

Second, login to your account on the DISH website and see if you are actually late. If you mailed a check, it could easily have been lost in the mail. If they try to charge a late fee, just point out that you have never been late in the __ years you've been a customer (assuming you've never been late before).

Well if it late its late. The way you make it sound your late often. So I take it they have put up with it long enough. Dish doesn't have a "grace" period. If I was late on my car payment they might ok it a few time but they will get tired of it and repo my car. I understand theres a big difference the two but its still the same principle.

thiggin2 said:
Well if it late its late. The way you make it sound your late often. So I take it they have put up with it long enough. Dish doesn't have a "grace" period. If I was late on my car payment they might ok it a few time but they will get tired of it and repo my car. I understand theres a big difference the two but its still the same principle.

I understand and I'm not saying I'm innocent,but at least cable cos. give you a disconnect notice. Actually I cked and I only owe them for this month. Oh well.
I'll just pay them when my SS ck. comes in next week. It's lousy a that don't give you a disconnect notice by mail or even email. I live in a rural area and don't have cable and a outside antenna does'nt really work for me here.

Yes I do agree they should have done something before they shut it off. That would have only been common courtesy. But the way Dish handles thing I dont think they believe in that :confused: .

If you can only pay them at a certain time of the month, perhaps it would be in order to ask them to change the due date to that time of the month!

thiggin2 said:
Yes I do agree they should have done something before they shut it off. That would have only been common courtesy. But the way Dish handles thing I dont think they believe in that :confused: .

Well thankfully good news, I called Dish. There were kind enough to turn me back on. (Thank You Dish) Made arrangements to pay them when my SS ck comes in 10 days. I'll have to check then if I can change my due date to later in the month. I guess bills cross in the mail etc. I'm glad to say they were kind enough to work with me as I am a long time customer.
Thanks again Dish!!

Well I'm glad it went your way. Hopefully they can change the date to work better for you. They didn't charge a reconnect fee did they??

thiggin2 said:
Well I'm glad it went your way. Hopefully they can change the date to work better for you. They didn't charge a reconnect fee did you??

I have'nt cked but I'll bet they did. Hey my fault so I'll pay it.

Everybody has a grace period of about 45 days for a soft disconnect and then another 14 days later you get a hard disconnect resulting in a reconnect fee of $25 plus first two months and amount past due that much be paid to get account turned back on. Your account should not have gotten shut off unless you was past the soft disconnect period. I am not sure if they have changed the grace period or not but some people pay a few weeks after the due date without any late fees or problems. You can pay your bill online at www.dishnetwork.com free with your checking account and make sure you right down the authorization number for your purchase. You can also do EFT (electronic funds transfer) where they automatically take it out of your checking account each month but going online allows for faster processing and fater getting credit applied to your account than sending it in the mail. I have never had a problem with using that.

Stargazer said:
Everybody has a grace period of about 45 days for a soft disconnect and then another 14 days later you get a hard disconnect resulting in a reconnect fee of $25 plus first two months and amount past due that much be paid to get account turned back on. Your account should not have gotten shut off unless you was past the soft disconnect period. I am not sure if they have changed the grace period or not but some people pay a few weeks after the due date without any late fees or problems. You can pay your bill online at www.dishnetwork.com free with your checking account and make sure you right down the authorization number for your purchase. You can also do EFT (electronic funds transfer) where they automatically take it out of your checking account each month but going online allows for faster processing and fater getting credit applied to your account than sending it in the mail. I have never had a problem with using that.

Thats the way I have been paying all along on the web. I just paid back on 12-15 and only owed for this month (Jan). As you know they bill 1 month in advance. My balance was like $89.

Maybe you are paying one month late each time you go to pay your bill and need to get caught up. The best thing one can do to avoid this is to pay in advance and not wait until the last minute to pay the bill. On your bill it should state "service from xxmonth xxday to xxmonth xxday. What does your last bill show for that? What package do you have?

Stargazer said:
Maybe you are paying one month late each time you go to pay your bill and need to get caught up. The best thing one can do to avoid this is to pay in advance and not wait until the last minute to pay the bill. On your bill it should state "service from xxmonth xxday to xxmonth xxday. What does your last bill show for that? What package do you have?

Thats exactly what I am going to do. Funny thing is I have always paid that way for the last 5 yrs and never got disconnected. Maybe they change their policy?

On another note I really don't think not paying 1 month in ADVANCE of receiving service should be considered late. (IMHO) No biggie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)