What's with MyDish?

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
One day I can sign on, the next day I can't and two days later it works again, always using the same logon and password. It's a daily hit or miss whether it will accept my password or not. Man this is getting annoying! :(

I've been trying to login to MyDish for 3 days! I know for a fact that I'm using my correct username and password, I even used password reset and it still won't work. An error pops up every time that says "An error has occurred, please try again." . The login screen is broken.

Worked fine just for me now.

Maybe a browser cache clearing is in order.

Worked fine just for me now.

Maybe a browser cache clearing is in order.
No, that's the boilerplate "cure all" that never really accomplishes anything. Getting an error message one hour and having it work one hour later has nothing to do with the cache. If you type in your logon correctly and your password correctly and the server returns an error code then the problem is at the server end.

No, that's the boilerplate "cure all" that never really accomplishes anything. Getting an error message one hour and having it work one hour later has nothing to do with the cache. If you type in your logon correctly and your password correctly and the server returns an error code then the problem is at the server end.
Perhaps. But when different people report different results, it just might not be at the server end.

I just tried again now and it worked without a hitch.

I can always log into my mydish account just fine, but I have found another problem that started for me last week. I only turn on the locals package on the days that I need it, and then turn it off again that night to save money. However, about half of the time now, I can log in the next day and see that the locals have mysteriously been added back. So, I have to turn around and drop them again, to make sure that they actually get removed. This means that I have to keep watching my account each day like a hawk, to make sure that I do not accidentally get charged for programming that I do not need, and did not authorize.

I can always log into my mydish account just fine, but I have found another problem that started for me last week. I only turn on the locals package on the days that I need it, and then turn it off again that night to save money. However, about half of the time now, I can log in the next day and see that the locals have mysteriously been added back. So, I have to turn around and drop them again, to make sure that they actually get removed. This means that I have to keep watching my account each day like a hawk, to make sure that I do not accidentally get charged for programming that I do not need, and did not authorize.
Just curious, but how much do you think you're saving by doing this?

Reactions: dennispap
Just curious, but how much do you think you're saving by doing this?
$12 per month. By dropping the locals the same day they are added, the prorated credit completely offsets the prorated charge. There is no programming change penalty for dropping locals within 30 days after adding them, so they can be added and removed as often as I like.

$12 per month. By dropping the locals the same day they are added, the prorated credit completely offsets the prorated charge. There is no programming change penalty for dropping locals within 30 days after adding them, so they can be added and removed as often as I like.
Ahhh, I see. I didn't know they'd offset

Reactions: pattykay
This means that I have to keep watching my account each day like a hawk, to make sure that I do not accidentally get charged for programming that I do not need, and did not authorize.
I had something similar happen to me, but completely different. I removed the Regional Action Pack after adding it the previous day. A few days later I went to add it back, and the regional pack was still checked off in the list of programming, even though it wasn't active on my receiver and the billing did not show a prorated amount due. So I couldn't add it back in no matter what I did. A technical support rep could not remove/add it either, until he figured out to give me a 3-month half-off promo, which then reset the programming subscription list. I'm just going to leave it there in the hopes that in a couple of months they figure out the glitch.

I had something similar happen to me, but completely different. I removed the Regional Action Pack after adding it the previous day. A few days later I went to add it back, and the regional pack was still checked off in the list of programming, even though it wasn't active on my receiver and the billing did not show a prorated amount due. So I couldn't add it back in no matter what I did. A technical support rep could not remove/add it either, until he figured out to give me a 3-month half-off promo, which then reset the programming subscription list. I'm just going to leave it there in the hopes that in a couple of months they figure out the glitch.
So far, I have not actually had any unexpected prorated charges, either. Whenever I drop the locals, I leave my receiver tuned to one of the local channels, and watch for the Programming Not Authorized pop-up to appear on the TV screen. So, I know for sure that they are actually being removed. The first time I saw that mydish still had the locals box checked was on a day when I actually wanted to add them back. So, I did not try to uncheck it, but instead made another programming change. While it was making that change, it also processed adding the locals, just as if the box had already been unchecked and I had actually checked it myself. I tend to add the locals while also making another change anyway, such as activating a purchased Wally for that day. So, whenever this happens, I guess it is just a convenient shortcut to automatically add the locals while I am at it, instead of making me go through the separate clicks that would normally be necessary to add them. I guess I am okay with that, as long as I make sure that I am not actually charged for them, and that it does not accidentally add them on a day when I do not want them.

Reactions: dare2be
Good idea. I thought about trying to add and remove a separate pack to see what happened to the "ghost" selection, but I didn't try it before I got the tech to fix it on their end. My RSN and BTN is showing enough championship replays that I'll just keep the half-price pack for now.

Reactions: pattykay
Good idea. I thought about trying to add and remove a separate pack to see what happened to the "ghost" selection, but I didn't try it before I got the tech to fix it on their end. My RSN and BTN is showing enough championship replays that I'll just keep the half-price pack for now.
Maybe Dish is tracking the Channel Packs we add and remove frequently, and this "glitch" is Dish's way of trying to trick us into accepting a half-price deal to keep the package full time, instead of letting us keep getting the programming we want without paying for it like we have been doing. If anyone reports getting a half-price deal on the locals, then I will take that as confirmation of my theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)