What's your opinion about Steroids and MLB Players and Baseball Records?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Turk Wendell has attacked Barry Bonds publicly as an Steroids user. Bonds had denied everything. Danny Neagle also came out and in a somewhat fashion attacked Jason Giambi as well.

This could become ugly for baseball. How would you ever look at Bonds single season record of home run if this allegation is true? How can you root for the guy chasing Hank Aaron home run record with this dark cloud of allegations on him? Ugly, ugly, ugly, but in my opinion, baseball should clean house and get the bad apples and get rid of them. The integrity of the game is now being attacked by players who tested positive. What's your opinon?

Sean Mota said:
Turk Wendell has attacked Barry Bonds publicly as an Steroids user. Bonds had denied everything. Danny Neagle also came out and in a somewhat fashion attacked Jason Giambi as well.

This could become ugly for baseball. How would you ever look at Bonds single season record of home run if this allegation is true? How can you root for the guy chasing Hank Aaron home run record with this dark cloud of allegations on him? Ugly, ugly, ugly, but in my opinion, baseball should clean house and get the bad apples and get rid of them. The integrity of the game is now being attacked by players who tested positive. What's your opinon?

Yes I do agree this is UGLY but what happens now?? If they do clean house should Mark Mcguires also be wiped out also? I mean i know he retired but come on androstien.. LOL

I will tell you what the issue is...it's the Da** labour uniion that the steriod junkies are hiding behind. Critics are saying c'mon get tested and let's see if your on steriods. The players say, "you tell me when and I'll get tested right on the spot...Oh, but the union says I can't, so I won't."

What a load a crock. Some players have gotten off the drugs and are returning to spring training and guess what 20-30 lbs reductions, surprise.

MLB is tainted, the players are making to much money. It's very corrupt, sorry to say.

--shich

I say test all of them on a regular basis.... if they had nothing to hide, then why would they be against it? Invasion of privacy is a futile argument.. you don't tell your doctor you can't pee in a cup because it would invade your privacy. Unless they were worried about the wives knowing what or who they did while on the road....

If baseball had a real comissioner...

Guys (and women) have been doing stuff like this for years. Doc Ellis threw a no-hitter for the Pirates while on LSD, and there have been players who have taken diet pills (speed) to help with their performance. Heck, our fine govenor here in Schwarzennegerland has done them. If we go after baseball, do we go after the WWE as well?

As bad as this is though, I think our goverment has more important things to do than to be testing pee from a bunch of overpaid athletes.

my 2 cents

Andy

I often wondered why players and ex-players never called out suspected cheaters. You'd think there would be a greater resentment for guys who tarnish the game by juicing. I'm suspected cheaters don't get beaned more often. I mean, you always here guys say, "That's why Bonds is the best" in postgame comments after they give up a homer. If I'm a pitcher and I just gave up a homer to a guy I think is cheating, I would blast him. I figure someone's competitiveness would've gotten the best of them over the years. How come no one has blown up after getting beaten by a cheater? Instead, they all just bow down...until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.