When to call Dish

Outsource dish network to India

why don't they outsource dish network call centers and network to India, at least our systems won't be down and the csr would know something. The system is always down, and they don't have a clue as to what is going on. It is sad the customer , us knows more than the csr.

Oursource dish management and customer service to India.

I completely disagree with your post about outsourcing to india. All my experiences are the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you are saying when I deal with the current dish outsourced call centers. That is why I go to tech support if at all possible to get changes done.

But I like the idea of outsourcing mgmt to india. Imagine the charlie chat from india.

Ugh, they are getting me. An 18 month agreement is required with a $240 cancellation fee. Earliest time for install is Feb 21, and even though I already have a dish 1000 pointed to 129, there's no price difference or faster install time :-(.

Install date of Feb 28

thecodeman said:
Ugh, they are getting me. An 18 month agreement is required with a $240 cancellation fee. Earliest time for install is Feb 21, and even though I already have a dish 1000 pointed to 129, there's no price difference or faster install time :-(.

I just ordered my update and was given an install date of 2/28. No HD Olympics for me.

grecni said:
I just ordered my update and was given an install date of 2/28. No HD Olympics for me.

If you already subscribe to the HD Package you'll still get the "special" HD Olympic channel (at least according to Charlie). You just won't be able to watch them on Universal HD.

Install scheduled

Called 5:00 AM MT (AZ) and CSR said they can't do anything until Dish's software is ready and to call back this afternoon. The HD world is watching this Charley!!

(Update) Called 7:38 AM MT (AZ) and have install scheduled for tomorrow for the VIP211, now keep your fingers crossed. Own 811 and do not have to turn in.

Last edited:
Like I posted yesterday to not call until until 6AM Mountain Time, as this is what Dish Network told me.

While their software upgrade started at 3am (Mountain Time) it would not be fully rolled out until 6am Mountain Time.

Well luckily that time has passed. Call away and if you call make sure you post your experiance here at SatelliteGuys.US

I called at 7am Central time. The first csr I talked to said the 622s were not available and to call back on April 1st. I didn't even argue with her, I just asked to speak to someone in technical support. (From my experience with Dish, that group of people can get a few more things done then the first line of CSRs). When I got someone from technical support on the phone he said the 622 had no special running and that it would cost me $700 to get it. I did argue with him about the $299 special that was in affect. He put me on hold to confirm and came back a few minutes later and said I was correct. He could not tell me an installation date until he entered the order. After getting my credit card information he told me it would be installed on 2/21am. I asked why the delay was and he could not give me an answer. Also to just confirm, I had to agree to an 18 month commitments with a $240 early cancellation fee and agree to send back to dish the 622. I would also incur a $6 monthly lease fee forever! So for what its worth I have a 622 on order and scheduled for the 21st installation. It does tick me off about the delay and I hope we can learn the reasons why...

emu1 said:
I called at 7am Central time. The first csr I talked to said the 622s were not available and to call back on April 1st. I didn't even argue with her, I just asked to speak to someone in technical support. (From my experience with Dish, that group of people can get a few more things done then the first line of CSRs). When I got someone from technical support on the phone he said the 622 had no special running and that it would cost me $700 to get it. I did argue with him about the $299 special that was in affect. He put me on hold to confirm and came back a few minutes later and said I was correct. He could not tell me an installation date until he entered the order. After getting my credit card information he told me it would be installed on 2/21am. I asked why the delay was and he could not give me an answer. Also to just confirm, I had to agree to an 18 month commitments with a $240 early cancellation fee and agree to send back to dish the 622. I would also incur a $6 monthly lease fee forever! So for what its worth I have a 622 on order and scheduled for the 21st installation. It does tick me off about the delay and I hope we can learn the reasons why...
Dont forget the access fee if you dont have qualifying HD programming, and the "phone fee" too.

Each installer in each area has other install appointments ahead of yours and that date is your local installers first open appointment. Other people are booked ahead of you for 211 or 622 or whatever installations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts