When Will Dish Add USA HD?

They made an impact and got TBS in HD. YOU can make that same impact!

Actually thats not quite accurate. Dish got caught distributing tbs hd without authorization from tbs. Tbs caught wind of this, and a deal was struck to keep this out of court. Thats how TBS ended up on dish.. :rolleyes: I don't know who reported it. :rolleyes: But that was one sexy man. :D Honestly I don't think tbs would be up if it wasn't for me reporting it. As a stock holder I'm disappointed that my shares of DISH have gone down over 10 bucks from this time three months ago. I'm calling for a complete restructuring of the board as this board is doing nothing but putting dish in a hole. If i was in Charlie's place you all would of had Scifi and USA HD on dish over 3 months ago and the current ppv channels today would have more of a selection. I know dish has enough room to add 2 channels at least! Right now as a share holder I can tell you to call 1800 Directv to get Scifi and USAHD as dish has not moved in the right direction in my opinion.

Bob, Dish Networks stock SPLIT, you now own stock in SATS as well as DISH.

That is why the drop in the stock price. :)

Scott I understand that, but etrade is refusing to give me the stock in SATS that they owe me or the money for it. I owned the stock prior to the split off date and time. I dont know what to do about it. (anyone have an idea please pm me) Allthough I havent had a chance to log into it sence vegas. But still The issue at hand is the fact that dish has not added any value added programming sence TBS HD even with counsumer demands. Once again No communication will cost dish money and subscribers wich hurts their bottom line.

It is amazing to here that they only have enough room for at least 2 new channels. They knew what Direct TV was going to do and should of been more prepared. Within a few weeks BBC America HD will go live and Speed HD will carry all of the Formula 1 in HD. What are they going to do when consumers start begging for them as well.
Consumers have and continually invest in new technology capable of receiving digital audio and video, yet companies like Dish who claim to be the leaders in HD cannot not deliver the goods. Even Comcrap in my area (Nashville) are carrying USA and SciFi both in HD. In fact in the last six months have added a few HD channels. I am not really a Wrestling fan but my dad is and he watches the broadcasts religiously.
In one of the above posts in which their is a reply from Dish it says "stay tuned to the monthly Charlie Chats for new programming info", well there is only about 4 Charlie Chats a year now. They use to be almost monthly, also never have I seen on their website where it has said "coming soon xxxx channel", you either read it onlne or here about it on Charlie Chat.

It is amazing to here that they only have enough room for at least 2 new channels. They knew what Direct TV was going to do and should of been more prepared. Within a few weeks BBC America HD will go live and Speed HD will carry all of the Formula 1 in HD. What are they going to do when consumers start begging for them as well.
Consumers have and continually invest in new technology capable of receiving digital audio and video, yet companies like Dish who claim to be the leaders in HD cannot not deliver the goods. Even Comcrap in my area (Nashville) are carrying USA and SciFi both in HD. In fact in the last six months have added a few HD channels. I am not really a Wrestling fan but my dad is and he watches the broadcasts religiously.
In one of the above posts in which their is a reply from Dish it says "stay tuned to the monthly Charlie Chats for new programming info", well there is only about 4 Charlie Chats a year now. They use to be almost monthly, also never have I seen on their website where it has said "coming soon xxxx channel", you either read it onlne or here about it on Charlie Chat.

The issue with them only having room for x number of channels can NOT lie solely on their shoulders. Remember, they have 3 satellites for the US scheduled to go up in the next year. 2 of those were supposed to go up last year, but problems at the launch site (rockets exploding) have caused delays that Echostar has NO control over.

I do agree that it is frustrating not knowing what they are thinking or even considering, we can not expect them to be able to overcome major obstacles that they truly have no control over.

Geoff

They have space for about 10 new channels, but as previously mentioned in other threads, there are probably some new channels that they have already made contractual obligations to carry (for example, new ESPN HD channels, it has been suggested).

Speed-HD will be added in February, according to some E* posts in this Forum.

Lastly, the problem with USA-HD and SciFi-HD is not space, there are already two channel spaces already allocated on 110. The problem had to do with negotiations.

PS He may not "see anything", but he has been doing pretty well lately, regardless... ;)

This may be a bit off topic but I think it does have some relevance...How long after they launch the new satellite in the 1st quarter will it be operable? Is it realistic to think they could add USA and SCI-FI now, and have the new sat up and running before BBC and SPEED go HD? What about the TEST hd channel? Couldn't they add a channel there?

Could someone tell me what has been playing on the HD test channel? Also, why does Dish use so much space on the NBA-HD and NHL-HD channels? I would think you could thin those out a little (since there are never games being played on all those at the same time) which would allow for more National HD channels.

Thanks for the help!

Long time reader, first time poster,
Fletch

Could someone tell me what has been playing on the HD test channel? Also, why does Dish use so much space on the NBA-HD and NHL-HD channels? I would think you could thin those out a little (since there are never games being played on all those at the same time) which would allow for more National HD channels.

Thanks for the help!

Fletch

It is a duplicate of the Discovery HD Theater Channel (my understanding is that it just points to the stream for HD Theater).

As for the NBA and NHL Channels, I am assuming you are looking at the NHL Center Ice and NBA Center Court Channels (the ones I think in the 95xx range that are mapped down somewhere around the upper 400's). They just point to the RSN's when there is an actual game on.

Geoff

Any word on how the show will be presented on SD channels? Meaning will it be presented in a letterbox format? Or will they just cut off the sides?

This may be a bit off topic but I think it does have some relevance...How long after they launch the new satellite in the 1st quarter will it be operable? Is it realistic to think they could add USA and SCI-FI now, and have the new sat up and running before BBC and SPEED go HD? What about the TEST hd channel? Couldn't they add a channel there?

If you read the post right before yours, I stated that they have space for 10 new HD channels, and that the space is already allocated for USA-HD and SciFi-HD on 110, and that E* posters have stated that Speed-HD will launch on Dish in February.

Someone please save this thread in Wikipedia under the entry:

" Posting without reading the thread "

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!

Fletch

You don't grasp the actual quantity. Put all the NHL Center Ice HDs, NBA League Pass HDs, HD RSNs and Alternate RSN HDs together. The total count of possible different presentations at the same time is about 8 at 129 and 6 at 61.5 due to the remapping of the available content channels.

If you read the post right before yours, I stated that they have space for 10 new HD channels, and that the space is already allocated for USA-HD and SciFi-HD on 110, and that E* posters have stated that Speed-HD will launch on Dish in February.

Someone please save this thread in Wikipedia under the entry:

" Posting without reading the thread "

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I too have read this from posters like yourself, about the opinion that there are spots available, but that wasn't really my question was it?:rolleyes: When can they have a satellite operable after launch? With 10 spots available and possible commitments elsewhere, they could still run into problems. But realistically, YOU DON'T KNOW FOR SURE IF THERE ARE ANY SPOTS AVAILABLE.

In press releases, Charlie has discussed a limit of spots available until he launches another satellite, so please re-read my post and answer that question since you seem to know it all.

DVR Advantage Question

Macroblocking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)