Where can you buy dpp44 power inserters?

Dan Berndt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
OK, you need a power inserter for each receiver connected when you use a DPP44 switch. There are four receiver outlets on the DPP44 but only one power inverter comes with the switch. For the life of me I can't find where to buy just the power inverter but you must be able to buy them somewhere.

Anybody know where to buy these power inverters without the dpp44 switches?

Last edited by a moderator:
dfergie said:
Changed inverter to inverters in title and first line... You only need one inserter, and if you have a legecy receiver hook the inserter to it.

I think your right. I'm getting a little confused by the whole dpp44 verses dp34 issue. Here is a link to the dpp44 installation manual; http://www.montanasatellite.com/manuals/DP_Plus_44_Switch_Installation_Manual.pdf#search='dpp44%20wiring%20diagram'

Can anyone explain to me why you can use one cable with a splitter to a dual receiver on the dpp44 but you have to have two separate cables from a dp34? What's the difference between a dp34 and a dpp44?

Dan Berndt said:
I think your right. I'm getting a little confused by the whole dpp44 verses dp34 issue. Here is a link to the dpp44 installation manual; http://www.montanasatellite.com/manuals/DP_Plus_44_Switch_Installation_Manual.pdf#search='dpp44%20wiring%20diagram'
Can anyone explain to me why you can use one cable with a splitter to a dual receiver on the dpp44 but you have to have two separate cables from a dp34? What's the difference between a dp34 and a dpp44?

With the DPP44 (or any DPP LNB) you can use a "separator" not a "splitter" in order to use one RG6 coax to connect both tuners on a dual-tuner receiver. Basically, the signals coming from the dish are duplicated at two different frequency ranges carried by the coax. The separator sends one frequency range signal to tuner #1 and the other to tuner #2.

Dan Berndt said:
I'm getting a little confused by the whole dpp44 verses dp34 issue.

Just to clarify, I bought a 942 at Christmas time. I didn't understand the dp34 verses dpp44 issue. I had a dp34 running two 811s previously.

I tried to connect the splitter that came with the 942 and got weird results on the receiver. After reading a few posts here I realized it was the dp34 switch causing the problems. I currently have the satellite feed going to one satellite input on the receiver without the splitter, it works but it is far from the optimal setup.

I have spare outputs on the dp34 but the second cable run to the 942 would be quite an extensive endeavor. Considering the time it would take me to run the second cable I figured it would cost less to try to buy a dpp44. Now I'm scrambling around trying to find out what I can about the dpp44 and trying to get it at a discount price (I'm bidding on one on ebay right now).

Anyway that's my story. Maybe by posting this I can keep someone else from going through the same thing.

rdinkel said:
Basically, the signals coming from the dish are duplicated at two different frequency ranges carried by the coax.

Why? And where does this start, at the transmitter, satellite or switch? It doesn't make sense to me that a satellite would waste bandwidth like this.

Dan Berndt said:
Why? And where does this start, at the transmitter, satellite or switch? It doesn't make sense to me that a satellite would waste bandwidth like this.

They are duplicated by the DP44 so that you can use the "splitter"(seperator) to use the single line going into the house. The seperator takes the duplicated signals and directs 1 to the first output and the other to the second output.

ds

Dan Berndt said:
Just to clarify, I bought a 942 at Christmas time. I didn't understand the dp34 verses dpp44 issue. I had a dp34 running two 811s previously.
I tried to connect the splitter that came with the 942 and got weird results on the receiver. After reading a few posts here I realized it was the dp34 switch causing the problems. I currently have the satellite feed going to one satellite input on the receiver without the splitter, it works but it is far from the optimal setup.
I have spare outputs on the dp34 but the second cable run to the 942 would be quite an extensive endeavor. Considering the time it would take me to run the second cable I figured it would cost less to try to buy a dpp44. Now I'm scrambling around trying to find out what I can about the dpp44 and trying to get it at a discount price (I'm bidding on one on ebay right now).
Anyway that's my story. Maybe by posting this I can keep someone else from going through the same thing.

I would definetly run a second cable to the 942 or get a DPP44 switch and/or get a DPP Twin. If you only need 3 satellite locations then I would definelty get the DPP Twin instead of the DPP44. That is if you only have one other receiver besides the 942. If you have more than two receivers then you will need the DPP44 to be able to use the seperator.

Dan Berndt said:
It's done in the switch.

Are you sure you need a DPP44?

If you only have two receivers, and need no more than 3 satellites and none of them are 105 or 121, then a DPPlus-Twin should do the job for you.

The signals are not duplicated. A DP Plus switch will take the transponder needed by tuner 1 and either translate it or leave it in the regular DBS frequency range. The transponder needed by tuner 2, which can be from a different or even the same satellite, is put in the higher "stacked" frequency range. The DPP Separator directs each frequency range to the appropriate input.

See the EKB DishPro Technology page, scroll to the bottom for DP Plus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts