Where does the Episode # and air date info come from?

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I noticed a couple nights ago watching Star Trek on ch. 106 it said episode 80, air date 1966. There were only 72 total episodes ever made. One night they ran the 1st episode "Where no man has gone before" and the info bar said episode 63 air date 1969. I wonder how inaccurate that info is for other show?

It comes from Tribune. Sometimes accurate, sometimes not. I find that it is more accurate on newer shows than older ones.

And sometimes on BBC America it alternates between the first aired episode US premiere date and the original UK premier date. UUHHHHGG! I have to sometimes restore the timer that the 625 skipped due to this.

And yes, I have observed the same thing with Star Trek and several other shows, but as stated, more accurate for recent shows than for really old ones. But Tribune should get this fixed.

i have noticed that a lot of new shows don't have any info other than who is starring in the show.for example you go to the epg click info to see what the show is about it says csi miami starring david caruso emily procter. it doesnt tell you what the show is about and it doesnt have new indicating that its a first run show.

On "Six Feet Under" they've invented episode #s, and done it badly. They did it sequentially for each show of the entire series, and skipped a number (41?) but not a show. The producers of the show labelled each show with 3 digits. First digit was the season number, next two the sequential show of that season.

i have noticed that a lot of new shows don't have any info other than who is starring in the show.for example you go to the epg click info to see what the show is about it says csi miami starring david caruso emily procter. it doesnt tell you what the show is about and it doesnt have new indicating that its a first run show.

I've also seen this. I can tell you that Dish will try to work with the channels to get them to provide info data whenever possible. Dish has done a really great job with the internationals who used to have NONE AT ALL or TERRIBLE info data. I think the channel should be contacted along with Dish.

BTW, the new Current TV has very poor info data, but I suspect Dish is working with them right now, and I expect to see improved info data in perhaps 4 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)