Not open for further replies.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Used to have it in the edit posts in a section at the top but I can't see it anywhere now. I looked in edit and advanced edit as well as all over the original post options. All I see is Edit/Delete button but when I click on that there is nothing for Delete... anymore. Used to be there

If your post is the first post of a thread then it can not be deleted. I am not sure if this is what happened or not.

Not.

I made one post and then a second one and realized that the second one was a duplicate. The second one had no delete option either. I did edit the first one to have no content but it is still there. I'll go back and test your theory with a third post in that thread and see if the delete option shows up.

Thanks and back to you later with the results.

Back again.

Posted a 3rd test message in:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=83736&page=2

still no obvious way to delete the post.

I also went into several other threads where I had multiple posts and none of them have the delete option.

If it is there did you hide it? :) I did float mouse pointer over every button and icon on the page and the only reference is edit/ delete button but once I click there there is no reference to delete. Not even in the advanced edit page.

As I recall, this has been this way since you switched to the new look, back when you rearranged all the sections, eliminated the gadget corner etc.

Additionally, I recall in the old software if you accidentally double clicked on the post button you'd get flagged for the second duplicate post. A warning that it was a duplicate. The whole point in me looking for the delete button was because this double post warning also didn't work. I actually got two posts of the same message and just wanted to delete the second one.

Anyway- something for you to bang your head against the wall on. :) I have to get back to editing a TV show...

One more clue for you. I just went over to DBStalks where the look is similar and in that edit page for my posts. I have the buttons- Save, Go Advanced, Delete Cancel.

At satelliteguys the delete button is missing. I tried cancel but that just aborts the edit session, does not delete the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)