Where should I order dish? Dishs site says I cant get installation for 2 weeks..

Johnwashere

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
I just signed up to get dish in the house I move into on Thursday. I subcribed last night and the earliest installation date would be 9/9/05. I dont want to have no tv for over a week.... I see vmcsatellite has next day installation. I just dont know if I can trust them..... So do these sites have different installers then dish? Would I still get an acount on dish networks site if I order from a 3rd party site? I just really wanna get dish in the end of THIS week, so I need some good third party sites to order off of.

Look in the phone book and call up a local installer that sells Dish. They can usually get you installed within a few days.

ha, allright. I was just wondering if I should trust these companies... Il look in the yellow pages, if I can find them...

Local company is the only way you can trust, Dish are burned by heavy behind schedule cos they think they can do everything by themself, you may get someone is hundred miles away to come to do your installation and may take week if not month to come for your service call if any. LOTs unhappy customers they bypass the local dealers to get system installs from dish, its not only unconvenience but most the time required repeat service calls.

You get better service from local dealer, because they can't afford repeat service calls from a same customer, this will give them bad name. A 800 number is not good any more and can not be trust. Tell me, if your home air condition is broken, and the manufacturer is at other state, will you call their 800 number for service ?? I bet you may take week before any tech will show up.

hmm, well I just called back dish and they had a spot for this friday.... I live in Columbus, OH and I hope they are pretty close to where I live... Im just happy they can make it out this week, I really hope they do keep there 8-12 time slot like they said.

Your in Ohio - Dish Network used a sub contractor (Digital Dish) to do there installs make sure that you don't sign anything until the job is done to your satifaction. Make sure your system is grounded and all the wiring is neat and clean and you get a lesson and understand how to use your equipment. Also get the Tech's name and SBCA certification number in case you have a problem you will know who installed your system.

Allright. Will do rowemance. Yea Im just wondering if they ever do a neat job with the wiriing. It seems like its kinda hard to wire all those wires from the Sat dish to the recivers. Then the dual recivers to other rooms... Do they usually do a good job?
I cant wait to get dish on Friday :) :)

As a rule, the DNSC installers will do half the job a local guy will. They are rated by how many million jobs they can do in a day, NOT by how satisfied the customer is.

I NEVER allow myself to be scheduled for more than 2 jobs a day, just so I can spend the time the customer deserves.

P.S. Stay away from VMC at all costs. They are a rip.

hmm, im starting to get concerened about this.... I really hope they dont do a crappy job. If its really that bad I will probobley switch to cable after a month or so... We will see :/

SimpleSimon said:
As a rule, the DNSC installers will do half the job a local guy will. They are rated by how many million jobs they can do in a day, NOT by how satisfied the customer is.

This isn't always true! My Superdish/322 system was installed by DNSC and it was installed perfectly. The installation job was superb and the dish is truly peaked. In fact, this was a two man crew that DNSC was using for my installation!

Johnwashere, I wouldn't hesitate to use DNSC again - remember, there are also a lot of shady local retailers around. At least with DNSC, if there is a problem, you have Dish network to back you up.

Good luck with your install - no matter who you use! :)

Well hopefully Il have good luck and get a good installer.... I really hope they do come friday, im afraid with this crappy weather, they might be off schedule.

dnsc is hit or miss..ive seen plenty of absolutely horrible installs, but at least as many good ones. From local retailers, many of them also sub out the work and Ive seen probably the worst installs from the "fly by night" local subs who get the job only because the retailer cannot find anyone else.
You will always be happier with a local installer who has been around a while. If theyre still in business, its generally for a reason.

:(I should of called a local place other the dish directly... Oh well. I guess if he does a bad job I can clean up afterwards, but it might be a bitch

Another thing you can do is go to the dish website and look for local retailers off their site, these are generally companies that do subwork for dish as well as retail their own, check them out see how long they have been in business and go from there

jmeluni said:
This isn't always true! My Superdish/322 system was installed by DNSC and it was installed perfectly. The installation job was superb and the dish is truly peaked. In fact, this was a two man crew that DNSC was using for my installation!

Johnwashere, I wouldn't hesitate to use DNSC again - remember, there are also a lot of shady local retailers around. At least with DNSC, if there is a problem, you have Dish network to back you up.

Good luck with your install - no matter who you use! :)
They HAD to use a two-man crew to get the equivalent of one decent installer. :D

Dish Dude said:
Another thing you can do is go to the dish website and look for local retailers off their site
Only trouble with that is most of the retailers aren't on that list. The rules to be there are really rough. :(

40_oz has it right - if they've been in business more than 2 years, they're probably good.

Well, having used dozens of installers so far in our business, I've seen some really bad installers that has had many years of experience. It's like a sport. If you learn it wrong the first time, you just can't perfect it as well as the next guy that had proper training. Some key things to ask for in an installer is: how do you expect to do this installation? What fittings will you use? Will you use drip and service loops? How will you ground my dish, switch, and/or LNBF? How many years have you worked at this present company? Make the installer explain to you first after on-site survey and before beginning any physical work. My best guys always explain what they'll do and where the customer would like the dish mounted. Plus, good installers will always try to find the time to explain the basics of the system.

If the DNSC installer doesn't start the job right, send him out and call your local retailer. DNSC installers CAN be hit or miss. I had my best installer install my dish while the DNSC installer installed the 2nd dish for must-carry locals. You'd be surprised that the DNSC installer knew more than my best guy. Your mileage will vary so ask before they start.

Allright, thanks for the tips guys! :) I just read about "DISH Network launches interactive six channel mosaic", and I am very happy I choose dish! Now all Im worried about is them putting up the dish, because my landlord wont let them put the dish on the roof and there are many trees around my house....

"If the DNSC installer doesn't start the job right, send him out and call your local retailer."

That's too difficult, and too late. The local retailer won't be able to input the data for an agreement cuz the customer already exists.

Always best to go with the local retailer from the git-go.

fred

SimpleSimon said:
They HAD to use a two-man crew to get the equivalent of one decent installer. :D

I think they were using a two man crew because it was around 100 degrees and 75% humidity here in the Syracuse, NY area that day!

These guys were very professional and knew their stuff. I should know, as I have done numerous self-installs for relatives and I work for PPC which makes probably the best compression connector in the world. Also, since I helped to create the technician training program for PPC compression connectors installation, I know what is a good and bad install, and believe me these guys did it by the book.

FYI, before they even started the job, I discussed with them where I wanted the superdish installed (pole mount) and what connectors and tools they would be using. BTW, they were using PPC EX connectors with weather seals which made me even happier.

I do realize that many people on this board are local retailers and I understand your bias but, please don't make blanket statements that ALL DNSC installers do poor work, because this is just not true. Like I said before, there are also good and bad local installers, too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts