Where should I order dish? Dishs site says I cant get installation for 2 weeks..

I would never say all are bad, because I do dnsc fullfillment myself :)

I would say that *most* are average at best.
Dish is always afraid of not having enough techs, so they end up keeping subs there with 20% QC ratings, 65% eff ratings etc.
And the guys in the actual dish vans get paid pennies, so what is their incentive to do decent work? Ive seen their work both good and bad, some people take pride in it while others are disgruntled over their $12/hr and crap benefits.

Ok, Im a dns llc installer, have been for five and half years, I'll put my money on a better job being done by a dishnetwork employee doing the job better and by code over what an sub contractor, retailer, and dealer can and will do most any day. I myself do installs and service calls, I do alot of conversions from cable and from direct, I also fix alot of jobs on service calls that have been installed by non employed dish installers. Non employed dish installers and direct installers are the worst offenders when it comes to causing problems, they use pre existing coax no matter how bad it is, they splice the hell out of lines to no end, will use rg-59 without a moments hesitation, mount dish's right behind tree's, use 2 clips to atach a 20ft length of cable along an outside wall, use hex fittings, never ever ground, rarely seal any roof mount or wall penetration, reuse used equipment. This isnt just one or two either, this is every single sub contractor, retailer, dealer that does installs in southern michigan, northern ohio, and northern indiana that Ive run across in my 5 years.

I cant say that all dish employed technicians are perfect and do a five star job each time they install but the overall work far exceeds that of the others that do installs and when we find that we have a tech that does not follow guidelines they are put on probation and evaluted as to wether they can be retrained or they are let go, if the problem continues they are let go. Sure we do alot of work each day, roughly 3 - 5 installs per technician but if I did my installs like a sub does then I wouldnt be here after 5 years.

40_oz said:
I would never say all are bad, because I do dnsc fullfillment myself :)

I would say that *most* are average at best.
Dish is always afraid of not having enough techs, so they end up keeping subs there with 20% QC ratings, 65% eff ratings etc.
And the guys in the actual dish vans get paid pennies, so what is their incentive to do decent work? Ive seen their work both good and bad, some people take pride in it while others are disgruntled over their $12/hr and crap benefits.
$12/hr and crap benefits? that pay rate may be for a tech in his first to second year, I make $16.25 an hr, I wouldnt call medical, dental, optical, short term, long term, 401k matched at 5 years, tuition reimburesment, uniforms and tools and vehicle provided, 2 weeks paid vacation first and second year, 3 weeks third year out, christmas bonus equal to a months pay, 6 paid holidays, various other benefits including free programming, 12 million customer bonus, employee referal program, overtime, four days on three days off 3 days on four days off work schedule, out of market work trips when available crap benefits.

Whats a sub contractor have?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts