Which Is The Most Reliable Lnb's To Go On A Dish 500??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bumblebee8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
One of you tech's out there, please help.. Right now I have a dish 1000 with a DPP twin for the 110/119 satellite that has given us problems since it was set up for our 622. We have a separate dish 500 for the 129. I was thinking of buying another Dish 500 but what LNB's is the most reliable, the Legacy twin, Dual legacy or the Legacy Quad, I need some input before I buy one. Any help would be appreciated. I've been told that the DPP Twin has many problems, I think I have a bad one on my 1000 right now.

I prefer the DP duals/singles, one per satellite, attached to a switch such as a DP34 or DPP44.

For legacy hitting 3 sats you'll need legacy duals, a SW64 switch and two cable runs from each to the switch.

There are many other combinations available but these are IMO the simplest.

One of you tech's out there, please help.. Right now I have a dish 1000 with a DPP twin for the 110/119 satellite that has given us problems since it was set up for our 622. We have a separate dish 500 for the 129. I was thinking of buying another Dish 500 but what LNB's is the most reliable, the Legacy twin, Dual legacy or the Legacy Quad, I need some input before I buy one. Any help would be appreciated. I've been told that the DPP Twin has many problems, I think I have a bad one on my 1000 right now.

Legacy and Dish Pro LNBs are not compatible you must use one or the other!

Your cheapest option will be go on Ebay and buy another DPP Twin to replace what you have. I've paid as low as $25 including shipping. It may not be the most reliable but it is easy and cheap. See Peppers answer on a Legacy system.

DISH puts a 1 year warranty on their systems, why not get them to replace your bad Twin?:)

Call Dish Network and have them replace your DPP twin lnbf. They might try to charge you $14.95 Advanced Exchange shipping fee but make them waive that saying that you should not have to pay for their mistake in supplying faulty lnbf's and that you heard that their earlier DPP twin lnbf's were problematic. Also go to your check switch summary screen and read what it shows (which satellites on which tuners it displays as coming in and not coming in). I had a DPP lnbf screw up two 522 receivers in that it messed up one tuner preventing one of the three satellites from coming in after connected for a week.

What is the receiver or receivers that require feeds?
Knowing this can fine tune the reply.

I will say in the field I prefer a DP Twin and a 34 switch.

On my own setup I have DP Duals hooked to a DPP44 switch - I don't have any issues.

Lately when I do a full blown install I've been using DP Quads, I'd rather run the extra lines then have a trouble call later on...

There is nothing more reliable than the legacy lnb, twin or quad. SW21's are durable, but you must keep them out of the weather.

The most durable install for a ViP625/622 combination would be a legacy quad, with two ports cascaded to a legacy dual with sw21's for 61.5 or 129, and two rg6 lines to the 622.

I've seen legacy quads that have been in place since late 2000, when they were first introduced. They have functioned flawlessly since.

Thanks Guys, you have given me something to go on. I'll search Ebay and see what I can find.

Thanks again,
Bumblebee8

I have ben using DP twin and DP single lnbf's with the DP-34 switches inside at the receivers (only need three wires run in there this way) and it keeps the switches out of the weather and saves the number of wires needed. The three wires in from the dish can feed up to 12 receivers/tuners.

I have a VIP622 receiver.

If you don't plan to upgrade and have only the ViP622, a legacy twin for 110 and 119, cascaded with two sw21's to a legacy dual lnb for 61.5 or 129 would be fine.

This legacy stuff is dirt cheap on eBay. And, you'd only need two cables coming from outside to the receiver.

Protect the sw21's from the weather, and this system will last almost forever. I installed a combination like this for a customer in April 2000. It still works flawlessly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)