Which LNB is for which satellite?

H2Guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2022
Santa Fe
lnb.jpg

looking at this picture which LNB is for which Satellite, this should be easy for you Dish pros?
Thx

I believe this to be accurate. In theory since the separation in degrees of each lnbf, would work for other satellites spaced by the same amount.

Edit:
And why peaking signal for the center lnbf and then tweaking the skew angle would help get max. signal for the outer ones.

Attachments

• Triple LNBF.jpg
    Triple LNBF.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
You would think with 129 being retired and offline, Dish would start issuing a newer version of the "old" WA LNB they once used specifically for 110 & 119. They'd save millions....
They were planning on going back to the old dish, but haven't heard anything. They probably put it on hold with all the money issues.

They wouldn't necessarily save money because for dpp they'd still need to remanufacture a few hundred thousand units and manufacture brand new hybrid models, plus new dish 500 parts. As of now there's still so many of the old lnbs that they aren't losing money on. Switching to old style will lose money not save money, atleast at the beginning.

You would think with 129 being retired and offline, Dish would start issuing a newer version of the "old" WA LNB they once used specifically for 110 & 119. They'd save millions....
When 129 shut down the only mod I made to my WA DPP was to put a piece of aluminum tape over that "eye" to minimize aiming mistakes when setting up the dish at a new location. Didn't cost Dish a dime...

Hopper3 does not work with older two "eye" DPP WA lnbs. H3 requires a hybrid lnb or an additional switch with DPP equipment because of the stacking of 16 tuners while the DPP lnb could handle only 3 tuners.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

Wally remote