Which satellites provide what?

Musky boy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Current setup . . . Superdish with two 301 receivers reading satellites 105, 110 and 119.

Location . . . . . . . Champaign Illinois.

Objective. . . . . . . Upgrade to HD Silver package with a VIP211 receiver.

Question 1 . . . . . What Dish will I get from Dishnetwork?

Question 2 . . . . . What Satellite(s) will the new dish be able to read?

Question 3 . . . . . What switch will replace my DP34?

Question 4 . . . . . .If I am given any options as far as equipment, what should I insist on?

Thanks,
John

1. Probably a second dish pointed at 129 or 61.5, depending upon your location. Assuming you retain programming that requires 105.
2. See 1.
3. The 64? I'll leave this to others more knowledgeable.
4. You could get a ViP211 for $98 or a ViP622 for $299. Both leases. Monthly fee the same either way. You seem to have already picked the 211. Might want to rethink that. Once you get a DVR, you'll never look back. Think "30 second skip ahead button" every time you watch a commercial. As far as other equipment goes, probably doesn't matter. May not be much choice.

You may want to see this site for info on what satellite provides what channels.

Musky boy said:
Current setup . . . Superdish with two 301 receivers reading satellites 105, 110 and 119.

Location . . . . . . . Champaign Illinois.

Objective. . . . . . . Upgrade to HD Silver package with a VIP211 receiver.

Question 1 . . . . . What Dish will I get from Dishnetwork?

Question 2 . . . . . What Satellite(s) will the new dish be able to read?

Question 3 . . . . . What switch will replace my DP34?

Question 4 . . . . . .If I am given any options as far as equipment, what should I insist on?

Thanks,
John
WELCOME TO SATGUYS!!!!!!!!!:welcome
1. You most likely will get a dish 500 pointed at 129 or 61.5.. Either location is good from illinois.

2. 105,110,119 (superdish) 129, or 61.5 (second dish)

3. I would think most likely a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch :)

4. If it was me I would request a dish pro plus 44 switch as its like a 34 switch but has the additional port for the 4th satellite location. If you were upgrading to a dual tuner reciver with this switch you would also see the added benifit of one line to both tuners. so if you decide to go with a 622 later down the line keep that in mind also :)