WHO are these San Diego Padres??!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I went to yesterday's Marlins vs. Padres games...and this team is VERY impressive! The have THE BEST bullpen in the Majors with 6 of 7 reliefs pitchers with an ERA UNDER 3.00 and great defense. The play baseball the old fashion way, pitching and defense. Their brand of baseball will lull you to sleep. A hit here, a stolen base there and walk over here and a bloop single placed perfectly and suddenly they have two runs.

...did I mention they have THE BEST RECORD in the National League?!:eek:

I went to yesterday's Marlins vs. Padres games...and this team is VERY impressive! The have THE BEST bullpen in the Majors with 6 of 7 reliefs pitchers with an ERA UNDER 3.00 and great defense. The play baseball the old fashion way, pitching and defense. Their brand of baseball will lull you to sleep. A hit here, a stolen base there and walk over here and a bloop single placed perfectly and suddenly they have two runs.

...did I mention they have THE BEST RECORD in the National League?!:eek:

They are on the West coast and not named LA is why no one knows about them.

And will probably only have two players on the NL all-star team, Adrian Gonzalez and a pitcher to be named by the manager.

I remember that year. They kept the Cubs out of the series to continue the Cubs' WS drought.
I was hoping the Tigers would play the Cubs in the World Series that season, but such is life. At age 47 I am hoping to see the Cubs play in a World Series and the Detroit Lions play in a Super Bowl during my lifetime...not sure if either one is going to happen at this point.

Love the San Diego Ball Park . I worked in that area for 3 months . California baseball fans are not the same kind of fans as you would find on the east coast. When I went many didn't come to sit down until the 3rd inning or so. Very strange to see that.

But a lot of teams have players we've never heard of.
When I was a kid we knew all the players in the league...the Veterans, those coming and going, and the players in both the AL (my league) and the NL (the other lesser league). Then again kids didn't have Cable TV, HD, computers, the Internet and a PS3. My how times have changed.

When I was a kid we knew all the players in the league...the Veterans, those coming and going, and the players in both the AL (my league) and the NL (the other lesser league). Then again kids didn't have Cable TV, HD, computers, the Internet and a PS3. My how times have changed.

When we were KIDS, yup .... to much else going on now, like everyday LIFE !

Same here. I could recite every team's lineups and pitching staffs in the late '70's. :eek:

Aside from Arizona, the NL West feels like a four-team dogfight.

The Padres have been playing great baseball, the Giants have gotten some tremendous pitching, Jimenez has been sensational for the Rockies, and L.A. (despite DodgerKing's cries of doom and gloom) have climbed back into the race after a slow start.

This division race could go down to the final weekend like last year.

Aside from Arizona, the NL West feels like a four-team dogfight.

The Padres have been playing great baseball, the Giants have gotten some tremendous pitching, Jimenez has been sensational for the Rockies, and L.A. (despite DodgerKing's cries of doom and gloom) have climbed back into the race after a slow start.

This division race could go down to the final weekend like last year.
Have you watched them play?

Same here. I could recite every team's lineups and pitching staffs in the late '70's. :eek:
Yep, and just about every kid could imitate the batting and windup of their favorite players. Everyone had their personal favorites: Luis Tiant windup, Carl Yastrzemski batting stance, etc. Two of my personal favorites were Dick McAuliffe and Norm Cash...but I could do the entire '68 Tiger lineup with my eyes closed.

Yep, and just about every kid could imitate the batting and windup of their favorite players. Everyone had their personal favorites: Luis Tiant windup, Carl Yastrzemski batting stance, etc. Two of my personal favorites were Dick McAuliffe and Norm Cash...but I could do the entire '68 Tiger lineup with my eyes closed.

How about Tigers catcher John Wockenfuss' batting stance. :D

Wockenfuss, Mike Harvgrove (aka "the human rain delay") and Yaz were my favorite stances to imitate. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)