Why CBS PG Info says "OFF AIR"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
For some reason the pg info says this local channel for me is off air but it's not.........the pg at the voom site says the same thing.what gives?

kirkdj said:
For some reason the pg info says this local channel for me is off air but it's not.........the pg at the voom site says the same thing.what gives?

Are you sure the digital signal is not off air? The analog and digital signal are quite different? Do you have another digital receiver that can get the signal or is there anyone in your neighborhood that can get the same digital cbs signal?

Its pretty much the same on my locals, the guide says they are all off the air all day and only come on on prime time. But they trasmit in digital all day. Not Voom's fault, its either Tribune or Zap2IT

Here in CT 3-2 says off air except when there is a HD show on but actually it is the full time digital feed for WFSB. WFSB bought a low power station in Massachusetts and uses 3-1 for that feed although the guide doesn't show that. They have different call letters for that feed. 3-1 doesn't have the CT news, 3-2 does. Wish there was a way to change it as when I push channel 3 on remote I can only go to 3-1 and then have to toggle down to 3-2. From the AVS forum I have learned that some receivers have the 2 feeds mapped the opposite way than we do. Some also have it our way. Maybe something in the signal the channel sends out, different receivers pick it up differently. I am just happy to be able to receive channel with March madness here. Wish we got espn so I could watch uconn girls. Canceled cable 2 weeks too soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)