Why do I need an installer?

Outback Paul

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2003
I have a friend that is upgrading to a 510 and they are just shipping it to them. It is a leased one. I upgraded to a 510 a little over a year ago and they had to send it to an installer and then the installer came over and plugged it in and left.

I now want a 522 and again they insist that I have to have an installer come out.

Why is it that some people have to have an installer and others people dont???

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

They pulled the same crap with me when they sold me an 811 for $150.

The whole issue behind it is that the point in giving you an upgraded receiver at a reduced rate is so you use it, enjoy the service and do not churn to another video provider.

Alot of customers will have an upgraded receiver shipped to them and it will sit in the closet and collect dust. I have several customers who I have done service calls for and have run into this exact same situation.

Even my best friend, his mom had an old 3000. Dish had a program where you referred 5 customers to Dish and they sent you a Free DVR 508. The receiver sat in the box for 2 years, finally my buddy moved out and then he got into a fight with his mom because he wanted to activate the DVR at his new home and she wouldn't let him claiming she was going to use it some day.

Now that's just crazy. Whoever gets such a nice receiver - for free, no less - and lets it collect dust needs a strong bop on the head.

In the case of getting a 522, they'll send a tech out to make sure the receiver is hooked up properly, installing another line or adding the DPP lnb to use with the separator. It's cheaper for E* to send a tech out with the receiver for the install than to send you the box and generate a trouble call later (if need be).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)