Why does 6000 sell for more than 811?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
the 6000 works almost like it should and the 811 doesn't. people put a price on something that works.

mini1 said:
the 6000 works almost like it should and the 811 doesn't. people put a price on something that works.

Interesting point.. Wrong but interesting. The fact is the the 6000 is much easier to hack than the 811. That is why people are willing to pay $500 for it. It has nothing to do with the 811 issues. As for the 6000 working almost as it should, I had one and that can be debated.

With the yellow cards in DISH receivers hacking will not make any difference it will be much the same story as P4/P5 VS HU with Directv, no data stream no piracy.

rad said:
I had a buyer that wanted my 6K because it had RGB output and the 811 didn't.

Good point RAD. I forgot about that difference. That is actually one of the reasons I wanted the 811. It gave me a DVI output that I could use with my GWII freeing up my component I now use for a PS2.

In either case.. It is not because the 811 is a piece of crap compared to the 6000 like some would claim. <Not my opinion>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)