Why does my 510's RCA outs still send a voltage signal when it's turned off? Argh (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

mattardo

SatelliteGuys Family
May 14, 2004
I have a 510 DVR and for some reason, even when it is powered off, both sets of RCA outs still send a signal. It's not enough to show a picture or sound, but it's enough to fool my automatic A/V switcher into not turning off, and it's enough to fool my televsion into not displaying it's usual blue screen when there is so no signal present. I have tested this on multiple televisions and still the same problem. Dish Network techs (both simple and advanced) swear that there's no way it could be sending a signal and that my equipment must not be compatible (and when I asked them if they are trying a new and groundbreaking type of RCA out signal that every piece of equipment in America is incompatible with, they realized what a stupid answer that was ). HAS anyone else had this problem or is it just me? It displays a dark picture.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
The only time a satellite receiver is off is when the power cord is unplugged, it is always downloading info so it never powers off.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
yep

I have a VCR that has my 508 plugged into AV1 and another VCR plugged into AV2
When both the other VCR & the 508 are off
AV1 is a black screen (VCR thinks there is a signal)
AV2 is a blue screen (due to no signal)

so that would be correct. Unless you unplug it, you're kinda SOL

mattardo

SatelliteGuys Family
May 14, 2004
Damn. Well, thank you. I guess I won't send it back to good ol' Dish so they can urinate in it and then return it to me. Sigh.

mattardo

SatelliteGuys Family
May 14, 2004
Thanks for the advice, Mike. I just checked out of the hospital a few hours ago. You never said anything about unplugging the 510 before I urinated on it. I...I..I'm gonna go soak in some ice now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts