why does this keep happening.....

jct21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 26, 2018
kentucky
0 of 0 tuners available. this is the 2nd joey3 that's had this problem. unplugging the unit is the only way to get it to power off and resume programming. but it only lasts a day or so before its back at it again. if this was a dvr issue, wouldn't it cause my other units to have the same issue?

the time on the joey reverts to, & is stuck at 204pm regardless of what time it decides to mess up. guide has no info and any attempt to change the channel always goes to the dish insider channel. that plays for less than 3 minutes before im back to the 0 of 0 tuners screen. and the process repeats itself until the joey is unplugged. notice the time on the guide photo. i took this at 830 am this morning.

any ideas on what causes this to happen? a joey hardware or software issue or is this the fault of the hopper3?

Attachments

• tv1.jpg
    tv1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 97
  • tv2.jpg
    tv2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 91
Could this be caused by a poor Moca connection between the Hopper and Joey3? If that is the case I would check all the coax connections.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

MoCA? Who needs it? I just plugged one of my J3's into my GigE network and it works the same way as it did on MoCA.

Reactions: pattykay
0 of 0 tuners available. this is the 2nd joey3 that's had this problem. unplugging the unit is the only way to get it to power off and resume programming. but it only lasts a day or so before its back at it again. if this was a dvr issue, wouldn't it cause my other units to have the same issue?

the time on the joey reverts to, & is stuck at 204pm regardless of what time it decides to mess up. guide has no info and any attempt to change the channel always goes to the dish insider channel. that plays for less than 3 minutes before im back to the 0 of 0 tuners screen. and the process repeats itself until the joey is unplugged. notice the time on the guide photo. i took this at 830 am this morning.

any ideas on what causes this to happen? a joey hardware or software issue or is this the fault of the hopper3?

This happens on my wireless Joey sometimes. I don’t have to unplug or reset it to fix it. Usually I can press Guide and go to a random channel and it magically fixes itself. You might have to manually key in a channel number also. But that has always resolved it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: jct21

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)