Why is Encore Not Listed as A La Carte on E*'s Main Website?

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
By main website, I mean the a la carte page not associated with having to log in to the account. It is on the second page of the account page if anyone is looking for it. It seems like they are trying to keep it a secret. I do not think those with AT250 would drop AT250 just because of this since I believe that Encore WAM or Encore East SD/HD is not a part of this. It does seem like a good deal for those with lower packages who may want a few uncut, commercial-free movies. I think that if E* put it out there that there would be more subs to it.

From my understanding what is available in the Encore a la carte package are the following channels:
Encore Pack ($5.00--does not include Encore WAM--was $4.99 before June 3):
341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns
343 Encore Action
344 Encore Mystery
345 Encore Drama
346 Encore Love

Note: On the "Programming" page, it is listed as "Encore Movies $5.00" on the "View Additional Programming" page.
I also do not understand why the option to check the box is available to us instead of being grayed out with AT250 and HD 250 Free since we get the Encore East HD along with the Encores. The other a la carte channels that we receive with the package are grayed out.

Last edited:
one reason. Encore Western's channel 342. that channel brings in a lot of t250 subscribers. there are many older customers who simply must have that channel, and if they were aware it was only 4.99 a la cart, there might be a huge drop in t250 subs.

i think charlie must be a big fan of "in and out burgers". for those of you who arent aware of this west coast chain, they have a "secret menu" that you can order off of.

charlie has a lot of "secret menu" items. there are all three Dish America packs. There is also the newest edition, the DishFamily pack. dont know if anyone noticed, but its not on the dish website anymore and no longer qualifies for basic programming on a 24 month commit. and formerly there was the welcome and latino welcome pack and probably countless others that i am unaware of.

oh yeah, and the adult channels also have monthly subscriptions as well. but its more profitable to sell it in 90 minute blocks.

They have gotten rid of the DishFamily, locals only, and welcome packages. That is why they are no longer listed.

Does Dish Network still allow you to pay the $6 access fee to only get your locals for $5.99 per month or premium movie channel packages or the Encore Movie Package? For example, $6 access fee + $5.99 locals (or encore movie package) = $11.99 per month. They did have a $9.99 locals package / Essentials Package and both together for $14.99 per month but think they have done away with those along with the Dish Family Package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)