Why Move My Post?

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I talked about the corrupted guide on the 811. I would like this topic in this forum in the event Dish is really monitoring this forum. My main issue is the fact that they send out updates to the receivers and break functionality in the process. They then determine they've broken something and it takes months before a fix for the new bugs are implemented. While I wait for the fix, I get the pleasure of rebooting my box at least three to five times a week.

If Dish is looking at this, they need to understand that we are not their beta-test customers. They should not be sending out an update until they KNOW it's not going to break something as critical as the program guide. Once they determine they've broken something, it shouldn't take months for them to fix it. Either set the box back to a known working version or send a patch immediately to fix what was broken. Calling Dish, I'm told to do the power reset then, which I already know how to do. There is no way to escalate the issue so that my box can either be upgraded or downgraded to prevent the problem from recurring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts