ESPN 2 HD launches on 1/6...Any chance for Dish?

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 19, 2004
From looking at their schedule, they are showing tons of college basketball on ESPN2 HD. Is Dish adding this channel?

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Dunno. But we'll just have to play the waiting game.

They did move an HD test channel on a wing slot with three others today to test out compressing 4 HD channels on 1 TP, if you want to call that activity...

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
BFG said:
They did move an HD test channel on a wing slot with three others today to test out compressing 4 HD channels on 1 TP, if you want to call that activity...

If the only way they can add ESPN2-HD is to further degrade the existing HD channels my advice to E* would be "forget it!" :mad:

NightRyder

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
goaliebob99 said:
or get rid of them damm shopping channels no one watches

Those channels pay Dish to be carried, which means they have enough viewers not only watching, but buying, to keep them afloat. Boggles the mind, don't it!

NightRyder

Cyclone

Proud Stiff Member
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Maryland
I'll start a rumour.

DirectTV made their HD package free for 6 months when they wacked the PQ so bad that it wasn't worth $11/mo.

Now Dish is also lowering their HD package price. I wonder why they would do that???? Its not like Dish doesn't like the money.

Bradtothebone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
KC Area
Cyclone said:
I'll start a rumour.

Now Dish is also lowering their HD package price. I wonder why they would do that???? Its not like Dish doesn't like the money.

Huhh?..........They didn't lower my HD pack price! And now they want to charge me $6/mo for local guide info for the 921. These guys are shameless.

Brad

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
They didn't lower the price. You can get the HD pack for 6 months free if you're a brand new customer. Some people have been able to get discounts thought because they are a bunch of winers ;)

Billing promotions aren't related to what they're going to do to the HD channels...

tds4182

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
Kingwood,Texas
D* HD Pack Free for 6 Months

BFG said:
They didn't lower the price. You can get the HD pack for 6 months free if you're a brand new customer. Some people have been able to get discounts thought because they are a bunch of winers ;)

Billing promotions aren't related to what they're going to do to the HD channels...

You don't have to be a new customer. You can be an existing D* HD customer, go online and drop the HD package, then resubscribe online and get the 6 months free.

Your only committment is to maintain at least Total Choice for 1 year--no other conditions. It's been widely discussed on the other forums.

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
"showing tons of college basketball on ESPN2 HD"...yes, but given that most of the games carried on ESPN-HD aren't in HD, what do you expect on ESPN-2HD?

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
What are the chances of REAL HD content being on the air at the same time on both ESPN and ESPN2? If the answer is "not good", the solution would just be to force the ESPN2 HD programming onto the ESPN HD channel. Anyone who wants to view what is on ESPN could then just tune to the SD channel.

Too simple, I guess...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)