Why no Cbeebies channel in the US?

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
I was over in the UK recently and my young kids were watching a channel called Cbeebies from the BBC, its ained at preschool age. Lots of other English speaking countries seem to have their own version like Australia, Canada and other language countries also. Why doesnt the US have its own version? My kids really enjoyed the shows such as teletubbies.

Yes, PBS and PBS Kids channel play the content but not 24/7 Like a separate channel. I think you can also access it on devices like Roku and Amazon Fire TV. For what it's worth Charlie Ergen has historically said that PBS Kids wants to much money.

Rights to material are sold on a country by country basis. For example the Teletubbies belong to Nick in the USA.

Cbeebies Latin America is to shutdown, but the linear channel will continue to operate in the US. How do rights for programs work for Spanish language channels compared to Engllish language in the US? Could they launch an English version of this or are these just Spanish rights?

Cbeebies on Demand (English On Demand Content) & Cbeebies En Español (Spanish Live TV Channel) ceased operations after October 31st on all Satellite & Cable TV providers. All of them that carried Cbeebies On Demand & Cbeebies En Español. (DishLatino, Xfinity, Sling TV, etc)

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
True, there was that Frontpage News thread resurrected from 2010, about Dish announcing that they will be carrying locals in all 210 DMA's. As of the time I am posting this, that thread still has the most recent post in the SatelliteGuys Support Center.
And now the most recent post there is a spam ad for discounted flights:
I saw the headline on the Forum List page (shortened to "50% off All hopper chea...") and thought that someone actually had a sale on Hopper receivers, which would be convenient for buying receivers right before Dish lowers the equipment fees for purchased receivers. Sadly, this ad was a big disappointment.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I seem to remember seeing this service available on-line as 24/7, but I think it requires a subscription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)