Why should YOU win a free DVB receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
SatelliteGuys.US FTA/MPEG-2 forum has a Microyal MRX-1000 DVB receiver to give away!

Simply tell us below why YOU want this very nice FTA receiver and what you will be doing with it. We are really looking for good stories-- the best story wins it (genuine and serious posts only). It will be shipped the first business day after the 25th of this month. Thanks for being a member here at SatelliteGuys.US and Happy Holidays to ALL!

This is the receiver that was evaluated and reveiwed in the below area. It's been lightly used only during Iceberg's and my own evaluation and it is in perfect condition. BIG Thanks to Peter at Microyal for letting us have a look at this great product and please have a look at their web site for more innovative products. And thanks to Scott for the permission for the giveaway!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=36565

http://microyal.com/

couple questions Pete

How do we enter? Do we PM them to you or is there a spot to send them? :)

Lemme guess, Staff can't enter, right?

Well, I would like to have it because I tried to get into this game with the PCI DVB card, and have not had a lot of luck. I would like to have something that will move a motor, and also I will not have to look at a computer screen.

My wife loves music and I would use it to lock onto the FTA music channels on some of the DBS birds for now, then add a motor and a Ku dish later.

I would also use it extensively on Sundays to watch numerous football games, and in the summer it would get a workout looking for minor league baseball games.

thanks!

Go ahead... Make my day!

I'm normally a quiet sort of guy, but there's just something about people who can't mind their own business that sets me off. If one of the neighbors came by, or better yet complained to the local officials and THEY came by, to say something about the ugly dish farm in my back yard, it would probably make my day complete.

I've done just about all I can with Dish Network... I have a SuperDish, a 24-inch and an old PrimeStar dish, all connected and taking up a lot of space. I figure if I put up just one more it will probably irk somebody. I am not looking to increase the service fees I'm paying, and I don't want something out there that is not actually in use, so a DirecTV dish is not really an option. That leaves FTA as the best option. I have another old PrimeStar dish in the storage shed but I desperately need a receiver.

As to what I would be using it for, I would look around and try to find unique, interesting stuff that isn't available on the existing pay services. Then I would call my wife in the room and say "ooh, look what I found, isn't that great!" "Uh-huh," she would reply, then go back to what she was doing.

I also just love tinkering with stuff. I still have the ziplock bag full of what used to be a Mickey Mouse watch I had when I was five. I've been tinkering ever since, at some point I got good enough that when I put something back together there are no leftover parts and it usually still works.

Hey, it's not the best life but it's mine, and I intend to live it to the fullest.

Attachments

• DSC01397.JPG
    DSC01397.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 492
Staff can enter but they will not win : ) Especially since I was hoping YOU could pick the best story, members can post their entries below!

PSB said:
Staff can enter but they will not win : ) Especially since I was hoping YOU could pick the best story, members can post their entries below!

I already posted my story above, not below, does that disqualify me? :D

Woof! You are in Pepper great story too, I expect MANY more, come on Guys why should YOU get this receiver!

Also Thanks for the picture Pepper, very nice dish farm!

I should get this receiver because I have no idea what FTA is and dont know what it stands for. So after I find out what it is by getting this receiver, I will sell it on ebay.

It will be both an educational and financially rewarding experience. Thank you for your consideration.

zubinh said:
I should get this receiver because I have no idea what FTA is and dont know what it stands for. So after I find out what it is by getting this receiver, I will sell it on ebay.

It will be both an educational and financially rewarding experience. Thank you for your consideration.
At least you're honest! Quite funny!

my story

Hello everyone and Seasons Greetings to you all ,
My name is doc and i think i should get this because of the rough year that i have had.
My Family and I are struggling again this year and trying to keep our heads above water.. i am 37 and had a heart attack last june , then a few months later i was told that i have ADHD and that i am Bi-Polar. which helps to explain why i haven't been able to work for 3 years..
We get by with alot of help from others, things aren't as bad as the sound.
My Shrink told me that my new found hobby (fta) might be just the thing to get me back on track.. something good to get my brain going again.
i just want to say to everyone that i am not looking for handouts or pity.
But Being Honest and telling things like it is part of getting me back on track.
I was really hoping to win something at the xmas party here online but kept getting bumped off.

I know berg and pete are good people with warm hearts , and i am thankful to have these two around .. they are very good people..
Thanks for the time.
John "docj2005" Alderson

I feel that i should win this reciever for the following reasons:
1) I'm a nice guy
2) I have a nice family
3) my dog is very nice also

Ok, joking aside, here is why i should be considered. Currently i am using a satworks 3618. This reciever is very nice, but it does not support a motor, and i need a reciever capable of running a motor for my BUD (with the proper add ons).

Also the stress of having only 1 reciever serving 2 televisions (one in the front room, one in my bedroom) is doing my marriage serious damage. FTA is the only programming we recieve, cause i used up our budgeted funds for subscription tv to set up my FTA system. We used to have two recievers for our 18" dish and my wife loved it cause we could watch different programms in different rooms.

Now she cant watch what she wants in our bedroom, and she is NOT happy about it. With another reciever and assorted bits she could watch what she wants, thereby lowering stress levels in our household and improving my sex life ;)

So please, kind moderators, keep this story in mind when selecting your winner.

Let me tell you a story about a guy I refer to as "Cousin Bobby." Bobby is about 65 years old, and is retired from a long career of working as a principal of a troubled boys school. Bobby went to Ohio University where he played hockey for a while before graduating. This man loves all sports, but college hockey has a special place in his heart. A year ago I got my own FTA dish system to watch my college team play. Over thanksgiving I showed off my dish setup to Bobby and he was really impressed. He said that he would love to have a dish setup like mine in his wood work shop, a place he spends several hours each day. On a fixed income, the FTA concept would be perfect, but alas, he couldn't justify the cost of such a system.

However, just as the sun rises over dawn's heavenly horizon, this giveaway comes out of nowhere. Perhaps with this receiver, Bobby could have his dream? I would certainly match it up with a dish and drive on up to Port Huron, MI to set him up. The greater gift would be to you for making a nice old guy happy...

No blind scan on this model : ( But it is a first class box for a fixed dish system where you know what channels you want, check out the above review for specs, its defiantly worth having.
This is working out great some REALLY worthwhile causes here I think this is a better way to give away something, especially at this time of year.
Thanks for keeping this thread serious and on topic, hope we get many more posts : )

Cut off time and date for the above contest Dec.23rd at 3pm.CST

I have always wanted to get into the Free to Air game. When I was younger, my dad has an old C-Band dish in the back yard and it was so cool seeing the newscasts from around the country. Being from Georgia it was funny listening how some of the news people in the northern states talked. We had all the cool channels and channels nobody else had. Loved watching all the sports games with no commercials (it was fun to see where the cameraman would aim their camera during commercials). This was long before DirecTv or Dish started. Sadly, stuff kept leaving C-band so we watched what we could.

I always thought that setup would be mine.

Daddy's since passed on and unfortunatelly, the C-Band passed on with him. (actually a tornado went through and took the C-band dish...I guess daddy really wanted that dish with him) :)
I got an old primestar dish and what I thought was a good receiver. Only to find out that the receiver is near bottom of the line in terms of features. It has no way to move a motor and the front panel doesnt work, so right now I am watching stuff on Galaxy 10. I would really like to be able to move along all the satellites.

Thanks

It would be nice

the winner should be me as I have taken the time to come to grips with FTA to the best of my ability using a dvb card. Now thats not the worst thing in the world by far but it can cause headaches that would go away with a good receiver. My family would also find it much easier to operate as all the differant software I have installed seems to have done nothing but confuse people. I should note, win or loose thanks to all for the posts here as this was a very important factor in my finding my very first FTA sat.

The winner should be me because I am the ultimate techno gadget freak, but most anything I get has to go through the WAP (Wife Approval Process). If I won this little puppy, I guarantee it would get hours of use.

i think I should get this because I currently dont have any FTA system. My dad has this really old rotting car in front of the house and it would be really funny to put a dish on top of it. This reciever will give me a reason to install it on top of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)