Why the Sony HATE?

If you go back to the very beginning of video games Nintendo has been the leader. But not since the SuperNintendo has Nintendo lead for any console generation. This is why everyone keeps thinking Nintendo will go the way of Sega and just make games. They surprised the whole industry with the Wii. I hope it does well for them.

JoeSp said:
This is why everyone keeps thinking Nintendo will go the way of Sega and just make games.

That may happen with consoles if the Wii is a complete failure. But that is a big if. The difference with Nintendo vs MS/Sony is Nintendo sells its console for a profit. While they didn't lead the market with the GameCube, they did make a nice profit on it.

First off, a disclaimer..... I like their TVs even though they are a tad overpriced. Extremely reliable, good picture on most models....

That being said, I have a strong dislike of many of their business practices. They are beholden to their content brethren in that they usually have WAY too many content restrictions. In their desire to extract huge royalties, they screw us over by scotching unified formats (bye bye HD audio as their refusal to play nice forces both THEIR SA-CD and the competing DVD Audio to the failed formats dustbin, ditto for what they are trying to do to HD video with Blu Ray vs. HD DVD, see also, their Digital Compact Cassette vs. Digital Audio Tape (DAT)).

Microsoft, although also guilty of various crimes (especially in reliability and competitive advantages (ie. give it away for free with Windows to kill a product segment), they DO try and champion more open standards, as opposed to Sony and Apple that want to put as many restrictions on you as possible.

Ninety-Nine Nights demo on Marketplace

Is Nintendo really the console market leader?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)