Why won't Dish authorize my 622?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CDH

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 28, 2004
Greenville, SC
I ordered and received a ViP 622 receiver as an upgrade to my 942. I have it all set up with 110/119 and 61.5 with great reception (over 100 on all three satellites). According to BFG's post my HD locals (Greenville Spartanburg, SC) are likely to appear on 110 later this year, so I'm going to stick with my same set-up rather than moving to a D1000 or reaiming my 61.5 to 129.

However, Dish won't let me activate it, upgrade to Platinum and cancel my installation service appointment scheduled for Sunday. The csr in Tech Support said they "can't" activate it until someone comes out and makes sure everything is okay. I have had very negative experiences with the subcontractor that Dish uses for installs locally, and Dish doesn't even seem to want to allow me to *pay* the other local dealer that I initially paid for installation to verify the installation.

Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone been in a similar situation and had their 622 authorized?

CDH.

send an email to ceo@

I had a similar experience. They force cancelled the svc appointment even though the 622 was sent to me for an install and then the 622 could be activated.

philhu said:
send an email to ceo@

Thanks, I'll try that. It just seems silly for Dish to have to pay someone to come out to my house to make a phone call to authorize the receiver.

CDH.

Did you get connected with "Technical Support" or just a general CSR?

Regular CSR's wouldn't activate mine. I called back the next day and got to Technical Support via the menus. The CSR said he needed to "check if he was authorized to do that," which I thought was sure doom. However, he got back on the line, said he could activate it, and within 15 minutes I was up and running.

Worth a try.

I took me over an hour on the phone and talking to 4 or 5 different people to get mine activated. I finally got somebody in tech support that was willing to close the work order and activate the 622. He asked me to read him all the info on the system info screens as well as the signal strengths from all three satellite locations. He finally agreed to activate the receiver.

I got a nice email back from someone at E* who is willing to authorize the receiver and cancel the install but warns that future HD channels will be on 129 only, not on 61.5. This seems odd given that some parts of the country (Florida, New England) can't even see 129, but I guess this is a risk that I will have to take. My thought is that he was talking about locals, but I'm going to gamble on BFG's post that Greenville, SC HD-LiLs will be on 110.

I'm very glad that the CEO@E* folks are so responsive.

CDH.

I was shocked, not once was I asked who installed, the signal stregth, type of dish, switchs, etc. Later they wanted to charge me $99 for the install I did. Gave me a fictious date they did the install. Sounded like it was scripted. Got it dropped.
Call at night you get a different breed of CSR.

Of course plan on a couple of hours on the phone, none of the CSR's or even technical techs know the product like this sites members do.
With 10 new call centers, they are looking up every question in their manual,
of how to answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)