Wi-Fi Blocking Paint

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
EM-SEC Technologies Announces Successful Test of
Wireless-Blocking “Paint”
EM-SEC Coating Creates an “Electromagnetic Fortress” that Safeguards Businesses and Government Facilities from Wireless Attacks

Hampton, VA – March 14, 2007 – EM-SEC Technologies, LLC announced today that the tests performed around the perimeter of their “painted” SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) yielded successful results for the protection of wireless devices and other electronic equipment within the structure. The tests confirmed that wireless transmission of information can be protected from unauthorized access by the use of their EM-SEC Coating System.

“The use of EM-SEC Coating as an electromagnetic barrier for the containment of wireless networks has opened a new realm of possibilities for our company and for the future of wireless communications” said Robert Boyd, Vice President and Director of Technology for EM-SEC Technologies, LLC. “As hackers, identity thieves and even terrorists become more sophisticated in the methods they use to obtain information or inflict damage, this experiment confirmed EM-SEC Coating reduces the threat from electronic eavesdropping and blocks out electromagnetic interference for the protection of electronic data.”

This was an exclusive operation to test the effects of utilizing the EM-SEC Coating System as a viable solution to enabling the safe and secure operation of wireless networks within the confines of an architectural enclosure. The EM-SEC Coating System used for these tests is a series of water-based shielding products that restrict the passage of airborne RF (Radio Frequency) signals. The EM-SEC Coating was initially developed to aid the U.S. Government and Military in shielding operation centers in order to safeguard mission critical information against threats to national and homeland security. These tests revealed that EM-SEC Coating can now successfully be utilized by corporate and private companies.

The tests demonstrated that intellectual property can no longer be stolen through the airwaves while inside an EM-SEC-coated facility. The results showed that a one-time application of the EM-SEC Coating creates an “electromagnetic fortress” by preventing airborne hackers from intercepting signals.

“We have developed an innovative shielding system that cannot only be utilized by corporate offices, boardrooms, server and computer rooms and research and development laboratories to protect their digital assets from electronic eavesdropping, but it will also ensure the safe operation of wireless networks”, said Wayne LeGrande, President and Chief Technical Officer, EM-SEC Technologies, LLC.

http://emsectechnologies.com/press_releases/press1.php
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/10031/wi-fi-blocking-paint

I'm gonna tell my wife - guess what honey? We are going to paint the house? Why? To shield our wifi network... :)

Pretty amazing, wonder if it actually works..

Amazing. Tin foil hats, now in a can!

Let's see, there's still doors, windows, air vents, the floor... I think I've found enough ways for the WiFi to get out.

This reads like a typical F.U.D. release. "Use our product, or the terrorists will steal your WiFi and then they win!!!"

AMEN to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One theatre here, cellphones just didnt work past the entrance to the actual theatres. Unfortunately they closed it:( I wonder if it was a jammer or how it was done?

I think ALL movie theatres should be metal shielded boxes to disable cells and such. Its EXTREMELY irritating.

One theatre here, cellphones just didnt work past the entrance to the actual theatres. Unfortunately they closed it:( I wonder if it was a jammer or how it was done?

I think ALL movie theatres should be metal shielded boxes to disable cells and such. Its EXTREMELY irritating.

I think its illegal on account of emergency's.

On the WiFi would it not be cheaper for someone to learn how to set up WPA or WEP? You would think before someone spent hundreds of dollars to redecorate they would look into that.

jammers are illegal but how about a nice metal box, metal shielded doors etc?

would a theatre gain or lose business if advertised cell phone dont work here?

Jammers are only illegal if you dont have the permit to have one and operate it, they are sold legaly in the united states but not to the general public.

I think it should be the cell phone users right to use his phone in a movie theater.

Then I think it should be the right of the people around them to beat the hell out of the ass. This would be a way cheaper way. Just let the mob of people who get annoyed handle it.

not long ago a movie was ruined by a bunch of teenagers on their phones, I went out and complained THREE times, mnagement didnt help and didnt appear to care.

when the movie was over a bunch of us reamed out the management, who had ignored our complaints. We got free movie passes, and I called and spoke to the district manager he said your the 4th person to call about that problem last nite.

he assured me the local management wouldnt let it happen again.

movie theaters should be metal shielded boxes

i agree with bob on this one. also, teens and kids tickets should be double the adult ticket price, not cheaper.

Nice fantasy, but the teens are who spend the most. A passive aggressive solution that, oops, interferes with a good signal will be the best way to solve the problem....

anyone know a jammer source? the person bothered,,,,,, ME:) could take it in and just turn it on during movie, off as soon as it ends, those teenie boppoers would be really confused:)

I always liked taking a nine-volt battery & a TTL hex invertor and jumpering the inputs and outputs together, then connecting longer leads as antennae to distribute the electronic mush to the immediate area. It may not last long without a heatsink and/or voltage regulation, but with the newer, faster logic gates, I'm sure you can be generating square-waves with a period of a few nanoseconds in no time. Very broad spectrum effects...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts