Wich Orbital?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bandoul

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
LOL what does it take to get a straight answer from Dish Network? They are offering the 622 upgrade for $199.99 so I said what the heck I'll lease it now and since it has SD outputs I can use it with my current TV until I've saved enough for the HDTV I want. Simple right? Wrong!!!!

After I gave the person the credit card number to place the order she got flustered and said sorry she cannot complete the transaction because I am already receiving programing from 3 different SATs ( I have a SuperDish 110,119 and 121 Orbitals). When I questioned her why she said one moment while she asks technical support and promptly disconnected me #$%@!

Who can tell me wich orbital HD programming comes in on? And if it is not 121 then do I have to make a choice between international programming and HD because there is no hardware to support both off of the same dish or two separate dishes that plug into a switch that supports 4 orbitals?

I am down to the last few hairs on my head and I am trying really hard not to yank those out too...

There is a lot of competent technical guys in here, please help me out.

Current Setup:

1 x DVR-522
1 x 322
1 x SuperDish 121
1 x DP34 Switch

HD comes from 110 and either 61.5 and 129. (61.5 and 129 are basically mirrors of each other with regards to National programming - they do however contain the HD locals for different markets.) You will need another dish added to capture either the 61.5 or 129 slot as well as a DPP44 switch to combine all four sat locations.

Also, I am not certain but I believe the lease on the 622 requires you to sub to one of the HD metallic programming packages. Your plan will backfire somewhat as you will just be paying for HD content with money that could go towards the HDTV savings pool.

Don't think csr has any clue. Adding a seperate dish for either 129 or 61.5 and replacing the dp34 switch with a dpp44 will take care of what you need. You didn't give your location and that info will give proper location needed as needing 129 or 61.5.

Thanks you guys

Dish came out on Monday, added a Dish 1000 for the 129 and replaced my DP34 switch with a DP44 and problem solved. It was great that I was able to use the component jacks on the back of my TV with Tuner1 on the 622. It turns out you can set the output to 480i to support my SDTV (until I get my HDTV this Xmas) and as far as I am concerned the picture is a bit richer than the S-Video output though a bit darker.

Thank you for those who replied. I appreciate that you took the time. I do have one question though about the audio. It appears the sound output on Tuner1 (HD side for the 622 dual tuner) is lower than Tuner2 (SD Side). Is this normal or is something wrong with Tuner1 output? I am using the RCA audio jacks on both and don't understand why the output is lower on the HD side? I have to raise the volume considerably higher on my A/V receiver when I cycle between the two sources (yes, even if I have both tuners tuned to the same channel/program)

Sincerely,
Andrew

BTW my location is Houston, TX

New setup:

1 x SuperDish 121 (110,119,121)
1 x Dish 1000 (129)
1 x DP44 Switch
1 x ViP622 DVR
1 x Dish 322

Thank you for those who replied. I appreciate that you took the time. I do have one question though about the audio. It appears the sound output on Tuner1 (HD side for the 622 dual tuner) is lower than Tuner2 (SD Side). Is this normal or is something wrong with Tuner1 output? I am using the RCA audio jacks on both and don't understand why the output is lower on the HD side? I have to raise the volume considerably higher on my A/V receiver when I cycle between the two sources (yes, even if I have both tuners tuned to the same channel/program)

i dont know this to be fact, but this is my guess....
I dont know for sure about the RCA jacks, but I know the rf output on the dual-tuner receivers for the second side was a higher-power output, because the second tv may be quite a distance away from the receiver, so to try to avoid any loss problems, the output is amplified a bit more than the tuner1 side.
that would be my guess as to what you are experiencing. I'm guessing they have the tv2 side pumping out a little more, just in case your second tv is a distance away

If you are looking at HD channels or any with Dolby 5.1 your stereo audio level will be lower. IIRC, Dolby 5.1 is lower to allow more room for the dynamics.

The non-Dolby channels should be about the same audio level on TV1 and TV2.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts