wierd install question

OK everyone I called dishnet and guess what "you are eligible for a Second dish that is a dish1000", (me) "oook, that doesn't make sense but alright" so Saturday from 12pm to 5 pm i should be getting a new dish. awww crap need to call mom as see if thats a good time oops.

Oh one more thing right now i only have two tvs hooked up mostly because it was going to cost a lot to add it to a room. So when they get here there will only be two rooms to hook up that means no switch. I think it will work out. after he leaves i just have to find a dpp44 for about $100 then upgrade the living room tv to the 625 ($100 parents pay for that) then just run the cable into my room.
I think i misunderstood something With the dpp twin i dont have to have two cables then use something to make it one then a splitter to make it two again do i? If not then i dont even need a dpp44

Also is a dish500 a good dish for fta im also trying that thing out. (nextdoor has a spare receiver)

Shaggy, with a DPP you run one line into a dyplexer to the 625 then use a dyplexer, feed TV2 output into antennae side of the dyplexer and the from the dyplexer you run one short jumper to a seperator which allows you to hookup the two sat inputs. Of course you will have a dyplexer at the ground block to hook up the sat and TV2 output to. Hope this helps.

There Curr Is No Way To Get A Free Dish 1000 Unless You Are In A Local Market That Required A 2nd Dish Previously. The Fcc Came Out W/ A Law That Satellite Providers Must Have A 1 Dish Solution For Locals. So You Have To Call Dish And See If You Qualify For What's Called A 'nust Carry' Dish. If Your Local Package Doesn't Require A 2nd Dish.. Then Sorry My Friend You Will Not Be Getting A Free Dish 1000.
Also Another Way To Get A D1000 Is If You Pay $99 For Voom... But Oh , You Don't Have Hd Yet.
Another Thing You May Want To Know ..is That The D1000 Only Points At 119/110/129...not 148! Plus A D1000 Comes W/ A Dish Pro Plus Twin Lnbf...which Has A Port On It For A 3rd Sat Location To Be Connected.. The Dish 1000 Comes Only W/ Dpp Twin , And Dp Dual..not A Dp34 Or Dpp 44. If You Want Sat 148.. You Need A Dish 300 And Yes You Would Have To Purch A Dpp 44 Which Costs $200.peace Dish Diva.

I am in a must carry area thats why the are coming out on saturday to install my new dish1000. My question is with the dpp twin do u take both outputs combine them run a cable then split them again, then plug that into the receiver. Or do u run one cable from the lnb (without combining them) then add a splitter to the inputs. Thanks for all your help

They are coming to install a dish 1000 which will give you 110, 119, and 129 satellites, the 625 will have a single cable going to the LNB from the receiver, and there's a DP splitter that comes with the 625 to do the 1 cable thing [the installer will use that or supply their own]..

For your other 2 TVs, if you didn't specify one as an HDTV they'll just use a 322. See, that 322 can also be used with a DP splitter..

However, if that 3rd or 4th TV is to have an HD box, then you'll have a 625, a 311, and an 811.

In that case, your 625 will get 2 wires because they'll have to use DP Twin and DP Dual LNBs going into a DP34 switch. The 311 will get another coax, as well as the 811.

That'll allow you 110, 119, and 129 on all your TVs. 148 really isn't needed unless you plan to sign up for internationals, and in that case you'd need a DP44.

If you really wanted to make this simple and still wanted an HDTV in the mix, you'd need a 625 and a 942, which would both only need 1 cable each to a DPP Twin+DP dual LNB combo.

Thing is, a 942 costs $250 + $5 a month to lease, not including the extra receiver fee.

No matter how you look at it, you'll need a DP44 to do 110, 119, 129, and 148 for all 4 TVs. If you wanted 148 on only ONE TV, then you will want the receivers + dishes setup with a DP34 switch, take one of the outputs, plug it and the output from the 148 LNB into a DP21 "switch", and you'll have all 4 satellites on that 1 TV. As always, you can repeat that once more for another TV if desired.

Right. I find it funny that they're giving you a 510 for the 3rd TV when you should be getting a 625 there as well. *shrug*

Oh okay :) Yeah they'll want to do a DPP LNB for that setup since it'll save them having to run 2 lines, but you can always try and ask if they can use a DP34 so you have a free line for future expansion.

They might not be willing to do that though, especially if there isn't already 2 coax lines running to the 625. Best of luck!

ill be putting up a dish system in a few weeks i have all the equipment so i just called them up and they are sending me out a new card cause i never got one with it got it from a friend. i would have had them do it but i already had experience with fta so its a snap for me.

Dish Network adds 2 more Korean Channels

Shows and movies on an unused DVR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)