Wierd recording issue last night

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I have a VIP722 and I had a strange issue last night. I was set up to record Lost (2 hours) on Tuner 2 and then Top Chef was scheduled to record on Tuner 1 during the second half of Lost. Also was recording a Basketball game on the OTA tuner. I ended up watching Lost when it came on and paused it for a while in the middle. I saw the notification that the Top Chef recording was going to start. It was going to be 1:15. Also my signal from the OTA channel was out but I didn't stop the recording, just let it go. After Lost ended I noticed the recording light went off. But it will supposed to be recording Top Chef for another 15 minutes. So I went into my recorded list and neither Top Chef or the Basketball game showed up. So I went to my daily listing and it was showing that Top Chef was still recording on Tuner1 but no light was on the box. But when I turned to the OTA channel that the game was supposed to be on, the digital signal was still out (local problem) and then it would go to trying to find the satellite. I wonder if the OTA signal being out messed with the satellite signal and somehow caused the box not to record Top Chef or something. Very strange. I had to go in and do a Check Switch to reset everything and I tested recording 2 shows at the same time and it was working.

I guess the OTA signal being out confused the box, I do remeber when Top Chef was on I tried to switch over and it went to the OTA channel and did some satellite finding before telling me the OTA signal was out. I guess this could have messed up the other recording. It was weird though. Anyone seen this before? I hope I explained it right.

ETA: So to clarify

Lost 8-10pm Tuner 2
Top Chef 9-10pm Tuner 1
BBall 8-10pm OTA Tuner

The BBall game was carried on a subchannel of a local station. So like 54-2. It wasn't an HD channel. On the HD channel (54-1) I got a yellow screen. Dish does not carry the subchannel (its the MY network or something). So when I tuned to 54-2 it would say it was trying to find the sat signal for some reason (its an OTA channel??) and then put up the box that said it can't find the OTA singal. I guess that could have messed up the Tuner 1. Maybe it was somehow losing sync to Tuner 1 when I went to the OTA channel causing it to stop the miss or lose the recording?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts