Wife question - 52.0 remote, record...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Did someone take over Bobby's account ? ;):p:p
The Russians? :biggrin
were-gladvoutre-home-the-russians-pooped-in-the-hallway-%F0%9F%98%82-9495964.png

Reactions: JSheridan
Some installers insist they have to be returned, so be persistent. Just tell him/her you need to transfer timers, etc but you have to leave. The technician that installed my H3 said all of the remotes get thrown out by them and not returned to Dish.

Wish I know all this when I had my install 12/27. Also told me can't transfer timers to H3 from the old remote, is this incorrect?

Wish I know all this when I had my install 12/27. Also told me can't transfer timers to H3 from the old remote, is this incorrect?
Yes, that is incorrect. Timers can be transferred via the old remote. Also - you could have just put your old remotes away before the install and indicated you no longer had them. I have also heard some say that the remotes are your property, not Dish's, so you would just have to be firm in wanting to keep them.

I have also heard some say that the remotes are your property, not Dish's, so you would just have to be firm in wanting to keep them.
The technician that installed my Hopper 3 said they're "supposed to take them" but if the customer says anything or asks to keep them, they allow it. Ironically, he said they just throw them in a box back at their shop (probably to dump at an electronics recycler every so often).

My installer said he just needed any remote . I gave him some old 4.3 and 3.2 remotes and kept my 4 current 40.0's . Now if they put voice on the 40.0 I'd buy them .

Reactions: barryaz1
Mike, I hope you're talking about 90+ year-olds. This 70 y.o. has no problem:nana
My Dad is 76 and my mom is 74. They are hesitant about using any new tech and the last time I was able to upgrade them was the 722k. The idea of the hopper blows their mind and they don't even want to talk about it. The other reason PRICE. They do NOT want a dvr fee that is more than double what they are paying now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts