Wild blue online classes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chadzx11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
memphis
Aparently, I am signed up for wild blue training in memphis, however, they say I must first complete the online portion. Where the hell do you find this at? Before any flame wars erupt, I am asking here first because a google search turned up nada, and I could find nothing about it on wildblue's site. I will email the DSI person in a minute, but they took fuggin months to get back to me to begin with....

chadzx11 said:
Aparently, I am signed up for wild blue training in memphis, however, they say I must first complete the online portion. Where the hell do you find this at? Before any flame wars erupt, I am asking here first because a google search turned up nada, and I could find nothing about it on wildblue's site. I will email the DSI person in a minute, but they took fuggin months to get back to me to begin with....

I do belive DSI's website is were you go to take the class. I belive you have to have it done within 3 days of the class.

chadzx11 said:

You should receive an e-mail invitation from somone at DSI with a link to the website hosting the online courses and the login info you need. I'm not sure it's 3 days before, but the 3 online courses need to be completed & test assessements passed with a score of 80% or higher prior to taking the hands-on training. And be sure you take a laptop computer to the hands-on training - you really need one.

Yes I have been through the hands on and yes you will need a laptop. Even if you have to borrow one, it is a requirement. Also like said above already the link to the on-line classes should be sent to you via email.

ke4est said:
Yes I have been through the hands on and yes you will need a laptop. Even if you have to borrow one, it is a requirement. Also like said above already the link to the on-line classes should be sent to you via email.

Got it. I'm through the first class. I wonder what my company is going to do with the other installers? I'm not loaning out my laptop, they can eat sh!t and die, plus DSI said we needed a WIRELESS enabled laptop, so I went and purchased a wireless router and a wireless lan card. I got the router so I could make sure the lan card works BEFORE the hands on date.

chadzx11 said:
I'm done with the online part. Tuesday is hands on day. Can't wait!

The morning of the hands-on is pretty much a re-hash of the online training. In the afternoon you will assemble a dish assembly, connect it to a modem, aim & peak it, and then the instructor will verfy the connection using SVT (Service Visability Tool) lookup of the modem's MAC address. Then you take the assessment (certification) exam online using your wireless connected laptop. With the online training you got 3 trys to get an 80% score. With the certification exam you only get one shot. So have those notes ready!

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)