WildBlue Appoints David Leonard as CEO

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
With Service Successfully Launched, Tom Moore Steps Down From CEO Role September 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denver, CO—WildBlue Communications, Inc., an innovative provider of high-speed Internet connections via satellite to homes and small businesses, today announced that David Leonard will be joining the company on September 1st as its Chief Executive Officer. Leonard comes to WildBlue from Liberty Global Inc., where he served as President of the Latin America Division.

Having accomplished his objectives at WildBlue’s helm, Tom Moore, WildBlue’s co-founder and current CEO, will relinquish day-to-day operating responsibility. He will, however, stay actively involved with the company as a shareholder and Board Member. “WildBlue has been my third child since the beginning. I love this company and continually want the very best for it. My contribution has always been in formulating ambitious dreams and starting things from scratch,” says Moore, “WildBlue now needs a world-class operating CEO to drive the company to the next level of success – Dave has those incredible talents and I am really looking forward to seeing what he is able to accomplish.”

“Tom has successfully built this company over the past several years. I am convinced that WildBlue has the right product for the right market at the right price. I am further confident that WildBlue has the management talent, as well as the backing of a stellar group of shareholders, to capture the market for rural broadband access in underserved areas,” said Leonard.

Mr. Leonard brings more than 25 years experience in media and telecommunications to WildBlue. Most recently, Leonard has been working with Liberty Global (LGI, formerly Liberty Media International) overseeing operations in Argentina, Chile and Puerto Rico. Prior to LGI, Leonard was founder and CEO at VeloCom Inc. which established the largest competitive local exchange carrier in Latin America. He has served as either CEO or Board Member of several foreign and domestic entities including VTR (Chile); Cablevision (Argentina); Metrocall Wireless (USA); United International Holdings; Kabelvision (Sweden), and United Cable of Colorado (a subsidiary of United Cable Television Corporation). Leonard was named Ernst & Young’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2000.

“WildBlue has benefited greatly from Tom Moore’s technical vision and entrepreneurial insight during the building of this venture, and we thank him for all he has done for WildBlue in an operating role since the company’s inception. We look forward to his continued involvement at the board level.” said Mark Carleton, Senior Vice President of Liberty Media and Chairman of the Board for WildBlue Communications. “Dave’s operational know-how in expanding markets will be of great benefit to WildBlue as we open up a world of rich content to families, businesses and millions of people who are in areas unserved by cable modem or DSL services.”

An always-on broadband Internet connection, WildBlue's service provides two-way wireless high-speed Internet access. Customers do not need an additional phone or cable line or the expense of a traditional dial-up Internet Service Provider (ISP) in order to receive broadband Internet access. The service is being offered by over 280 rural electric and telephone companies affiliated with the NRTC (National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative). WildBlue is adding rural consumer electronics and satellite TV dealers across the country, building toward national retail availability of its service later in 2005. The service is easy to install, and requires no software installation on customers’ computers. Consumers and businesses who are interested in obtaining WildBlue’s high speed Internet service should visit wildblue.com. Customers or media outlets interested in following WildBlue’s progress should visit the WildBlue Press Room.
About WildBlue
Denver-based WildBlue Communications, Inc. was established to accelerate consumer broadband access to the Internet in smaller cities and throughout rural America. WildBlue's services are designed to deliver on consumer desires for a fast, affordable, always-on two-way technology for wireless Internet access. Service began June 2005, with nationwide availability expected later in 2005. More information on the company is available at wildblue.com.

http://www.wildblue.com/company/doPressReleaseDetailsAction.do?pressReleaseID=7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts