KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Does any body with some inside knowledge, know of a date that the new bird is going on line for customers?

I don't know for sure, hell they have been telling us since the end of last year "any day now".
But, I do know that I had to go redo my certification because of changes having to do with the new Bird. (New polarization, 2 different TRIA's, ect)
So hopefully anyday now it will be turned on.
Then again, I did my original training 8 months before they ever lit up the first bird.

I'll keep my eye on this thread because last time they lit up my area all the transponder space was used up before I could get an install. Then when they opened it up again a couple of months later (due to folded subs), I didn't find out about it until it was too late.

Earlier I had blasted WildBlue and swore I would not subscribe, but I've decided its the only affordable alternative open to me. Now, if I can only be ready as soon as they come online.

Earlier I had blasted WildBlue and swore I would not subscribe, but I've decided its the only affordable alternative open to me. Now, if I can only be ready as soon as they come online.
Note that, in its long, slow slide, WB's satisfaction rating on BBR has finally dropped below its competitors. Currently 54% for WB, 56% for Hughes, 58% for Starband.

I've never understood why anyone thinks that any of the three is their only option, since all three are available anywhere (except when WB is closed, making them the only one that isn't always available).

I don't know for sure, hell they have been telling us since the end of last year "any day now".
But, I do know that I had to go redo my certification because of changes having to do with the new Bird. (New polarization, 2 different TRIA's, ect)
So hopefully anyday now it will be turned on.
Then again, I did my original training 8 months before they ever lit up the first bird.

March is what I keep hearing. My Installer certification was due to expire the end of December and when I asked about I was told my certification was extended until March 31, and could expect to have to do a re-certification "some time in March" to be able to do installs with the new bird, and new Tria's with new polarization. This even though Beam 38, southeast Arizona, is still wide open.

For you guys in the closed beams, I hope they open the new bird for you guys first. Would seem logical, but what do I know? :eureka

Note that, in its long, slow slide, WB's satisfaction rating on BBR has finally dropped below its competitors. Currently 54% for WB, 56% for Hughes, 58% for Starband.

I've never understood why anyone thinks that any of the three is their only option, since all three are available anywhere (except when WB is closed, making them the only one that isn't always available).

I don't know how I wasn't aware of Starband. I checked out their website and found a dealer about 20 minutes from my house. I've got an e-mail out to them for a quote on installation. They certainly have much more experience than WildBlue, so seem the safer bet.

Thanks, dbirdman.

Thanks for all the replies, I am hopeing soon also.

Well that is what I am hearing now. I sure hope so. We have a big waiting list.

Thanks.....I was hoping March the 1st, but hey E* was telling retailers Feb. 15th, which I know was bull.

Good am looking forward to it, in one way and not in another, but we have 21 people on waiting list now. With equipment sitting there. Not 21 systems but we will order more ASAP if sat opens.

Good am looking forward to it, in one way and not in another, but we have 21 people on waiting list now. With equipment sitting there. Not 21 systems but we will order more ASAP if sat opens.
We have over 300 deposits and another 100 or so on waiting lists. We are going to be busy come March 23 through April 3.:D

Can you use StarBand dishes with HughesNet service / modems and vice versa? Can any be used with WildBlue's services? I have a StarBand and Hughesnet satellite dish with the transmitter and receiver and wanted to put one at a farm house and one at my house if I cannot get anything better here soon and It would be about the same cost as having to get dialup and phone service at a second location and I could do away with the dialup internet at my current first location

Can you use StarBand dishes with HughesNet service / modems and vice versa? Can any be used with WildBlue's services? I have a StarBand and Hughesnet satellite dish with the transmitter and receiver and wanted to put one at a farm house and one at my house if I cannot get anything better here soon and It would be about the same cost as having to get dialup and phone service at a second location and I could do away with the dialup internet at my current first location

Not sure what Starband uses but Hughes is KU band and WildBlue is KA band so they are not interchangeable.

They just pushed my area back until April 1st. We are on the Syracuse Gateway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)