Will 1000.4 reveiver work off of 110 and 119?

ELaimins

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
St John, USVI
Hi folks,

I realize Eastern Arc is designed for 61.5, 72.7, and 77 DBS orbital locations.

As it happens, I may have to move on very short notice OUTSIDE of the Eastern Arc's footprint, and Dish will only sell me the Eastern Arc setup where I am now.

Would it be straightforward for a knowledgeable satellite installer (NOT ME!) to use the same hardware to point at the echostar 110 and 119 satellites instead?

Thanks

- - -

Oops...That should be Will 1000.4 receiver work off of 110 and 119?

Last edited:
There is no 1000.4 "receiver". That is a Dish antenna designation.

To answer the question literally, "Yes, your receiver will work off 110/119." But if you only receive 110/119 (and not 129), then you may be missing out on most of the HD programming you're paying for.

I don't think it will since the orbital spacings are different, but I suppose it's possible. The 1000.2 won't work in place of the 1000.4 so I assume the reverse won't work either. You might be able to get two of the sats but probably not all three.

As it happens, I may have to move on very short notice OUTSIDE of the Eastern Arc's footprint, and Dish will only sell me the Eastern Arc setup where I am now.

Would it be straightforward for a knowledgeable satellite installer (NOT ME!) to use the same hardware to point at the echostar 110 and 119 satellites instead?
You should check your eligibility for "Dish Mover". That is a program just for a situation like yours.

You take your receiver and leave your dish and when get to your new home a Dish installer will install it free and put up the proper dish.

I'm sure there are conditions and strings but that is the essence of what it does.

There is no 1000.4 "receiver". That is a Dish antenna designation.

To answer the question literally, "Yes, your receiver will work off 110/119." But if you only receive 110/119 (and not 129), then you may be missing out on most of the HD programming you're paying for.

Thanks for that Krell - and apoligies for the "receiver" comment-you are quite right.

Though Echo11 still has some HD programming it's not nearly as many as on 129, for sure.

It seems that the Eastern Arc satellites as well as 110 and 119 all use Nagravision 2 and 3 encryption. So if the signal can be decrypted by my 722 for Eastern Arc it stands to reason it should work for 110 and 119 as well...

Thanks again

It Won't Work.

A 1000.4 setup will not work to receive 110°, 119°, and 129°. The spacing is different between the satellites.

The EA has 11.2° between 61.5° and 72.7° and 4.3° between 72.7° and 77°.

There is 9° between 110° and 119° and 10° between 119° and 129°.

Simple math gives the results.

You should check your eligibility for "Dish Mover". That is a program just for a situation like yours.

You take your receiver and leave your dish and when get to your new home a Dish installer will install it free and put up the proper dish.

I'm sure there are conditions and strings but that is the essence of what it does.

Thank you Steve.

I sort of looked into that. Dish's contract says there are "certain" requirements for eligibility-which I didn't look any deeper into yet, but a new subscriber probably has got the least "leeway" in that area :(

Thank you Steve.

I sort of looked into that. Dish's contract says there are "certain" requirements for eligibility-which I didn't look any deeper into yet, but a new subscriber probably has got the least "leeway" in that area :(
Give them a call. You've got nothing to loose (except your temper, maybe:rolleyes:)

A 1000.4 setup will not work to receive 110°, 119°, and 129°. The spacing is different between the satellites.

The EA has 11.2° between 61.5° and 72.7° and 4.3° between 72.7° and 77°.

There is 9° between 110° and 119° and 10° between 119° and 129°.

Simple math gives the results.

Hi Rick,

Fair enough.

Please forgive the lay questions, Rick,

Could I still get 110 and 119 anyway? (let's forget about 129 in my question)

I'd be prepared to get a new dish and lnb's if necessary on my own (but use the original 722 I am getting from DishNetwork...)

Still Won't Work

The difference in the angles is too much for the 1000.4 to get any 2 of the satellites at 110°, 119°, and 129°.

The closest spread is 11.2°. That's 2.2° more than between 110° and 119° and 1.2° more than between 119° and 129°.

That may not sound like much, but it's a long way when your the distance the satellites are from you. I used to know what the distance difference was at 1 mile, but don't remember at the moment. On the surface of the earth at the equator 1° is approximately 69.2 miles, so at orbital distance it ain't even close enough for an atom bomb to phase it!

The difference in the angles is too much for the 1000.4 to get any 2 of the satellites at 110°, 119°, and 129°.

The closest spread is 11.2°. That's 2.2° more than between 110° and 119° and 1.2° more than between 119° and 129°.

That may not sound like much, but it's a long way when your the distance the satellites are from you. I used to know what the distance difference was at 1 mile, but don't remember at the moment. On the surface of the earth at the equator 1° is approximately 69.2 miles, so at orbital distance it ain't even close enough for an atom bomb to phase it!

Many thanks Rick,

Ok, that makes a lot of sense.

If I provide my own dish, and lnb's if necessary, can I re-use my 722 receiver at the new location do you think?

The receivers are all the same. Eastern arc just needed a new enough model to be mpeg4.

722 is the top of line DVR for all dish customers.

You didn't mention where you'll be moving... Another option is to deinstall your 1000.4, and reinstall it where you move to. Whether you really want to do that depends on where you're going, and what programming you want to see. If you still have LOS to all satellites, and (for example) you don't care about your HD locals via satellite, then you might be quite happy with your 1000.4.

If you do care about your HD locals via satellite, then you might put a wet finger in the wind because the locale you're moving to might become an Eastern Arc DMA in the future. You wouldn't want to waste money on a 1000.2 only to find that you needed that 1000.4 in a month or two.

You didn't mention where you'll be moving... Another option is to deinstall your 1000.4, and reinstall it where you move to. Whether you really want to do that depends on where you're going, and what programming you want to see. If you still have LOS to all satellites, and (for example) you don't care about your HD locals via satellite, then you might be quite happy with your 1000.4.

If you do care about your HD locals via satellite, then you might put a wet finger in the wind because the locale you're moving to might become an Eastern Arc DMA in the future. You wouldn't want to waste money on a 1000.2 only to find that you needed that 1000.4 in a month or two.

Hi Krell

Again, many thanks.

Damn you guys are good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)