Will Brett Favre Retire????

If he doesn't retire he should go to a team that has a chance to win the Superbowl, but needs a good QB, I'm thinking Miami.:D

i've said for the past few years that its time for him to go. but i can remember when montana went to the chiefs and he took them to the playoffs in his first season. i suppose its possible brett could do the same elsewhere........

it is time

I think it is time also. Green Bay is a young team and having Brett Favre is only hurting the growing process of a building team. I can see him being a great quarterbacks coach.

I can see him being a great quarterbacks coach.
Maybe, you know how tough it is to be a great coach when you've been a great player, they always expect perfection, so it may work, or it may not.

What would happen if Brett went to Dallas ? I bet Parcels would stay...

Jimbo

If Brett did go somewhere else wouldn't it make sense to go where the coach runs the West Coast Offense? That way Brett would fit right in and run the same offense he has ran since 1992.

If Brett did go somewhere else wouldn't it make sense to go where the coach runs the West Coast Offense? That way Brett would fit right in and run the same offense he has ran since 1992.

Then you would have to find a good team that runs the West Coast scheme AND needas a QB.
Seattle would be his pick, too be back with Holgrem, but they don't need a QB, so who knows.

I think he's gone. After last ('05) is when he should have left, he didn't want to leave on a losing year, I think thats why he came back this year although I never thought they would go 8-8

Jimbo

I don't think he should retire. He is still actually good, not like most players that keep holding on even though time has passed them by. Maybe one more season, because Aaron Rogers(I think that's his name) just isn't that good.

Favre is still better than a lot of QB's playing out there. Give this guy a chance with a contender and bet he would return to the super bowl. The man went 8 -8 with no OL. He still has 2 more good years. Miami might be an interesting fit.

I don't think he should retire. He is still actually good, not like most players that keep holding on even though time has passed them by. Maybe one more season, because Aaron Rogers(I think that's his name) just isn't that good.

I don't see much from Aaron Rodgers either. I hear that backup QB in Philly (Garcia?) might be up for a contract renewal at the end of this season. Packers should take a look at him. Seems like he's doing good in place of McNabb and has ran the West Coast Offense for many years.

I don't think Favre will leave Green Bay if he chooses to play another year or two. He stuck with GB even with a coaching change from last year. The Packer's offensive line has come together over the season, they need to get those guys locked up and get some help at receiver and tight end. Bubba Franks had a terrible year, many dropped passes, and the young receivers and Favre don't seem to be running the same plays at times. Two more years and they could be good enough to go to the Super Bowl with good free agent signings. The Packers have a load of money they could spend under the cap, if they choose to.

Although he has been a thorn in Detroit's paw for years, I really don't want to see him retire yet. This man has been nothing but a class act. A real credit to the NFL. Kind of like seeing Yzerman or Ripken retire. You wish players like him could play forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)