WIll Dish installer run cable to my antenna?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mjrusso45

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
I just bought a house and it has a nice big aerial antenna on thh roof that I plan to use for local HD to my 622. My Dish installation is next week. I chased the antenna wire from the roof , into the basement where it was snipped off about 3 feet out from the exterior wall.

My question is, am I asking too much to ask the Dish installer to run a new cable to my antenna, or should I handle that myself and just have the antenna wire at the TV location when they come?

You could always ask see what they say. I would think in most cases it would not be a issue and oh cool avatar StarBuck Rocks! I got a autograph photo that she signed to me last month and I'm hoping to get Boomers and #6 sometime this month.

Yeah right now their showing season 2 it will be nice when Sci-fi gets HD channel up.

They might for a fee. I know a guy who had an installer out to install a Directivo and he asked if the guy would rerun all the existing cables because they were black and he wanted white ones. Anyway the installer said he would do it for $50 but he never actually got a bill for it.

They might for a fee. I know a guy who had an installer out to install a Directivo and he asked if the guy would rerun all the existing cables because they were black and he wanted white ones. Anyway the installer said he would do it for $50 but he never actually got a bill for it.
A good example as to why I don't buy white cable..Most people in this area don't want it anyway so it just sits in my garage..Plus when possible I hide the cables..I love vinyl siding...I can hide 99% of the runs...Downspouts are big bonus to..On brick or hardyplank homes I bury the lateral runs rather than attach them to the exterior...I like a clean look..And the customers love it!
I wonder if the the cut in your example wanted the interior runs replaced as well. I would not do that..Why would someone want to replace cables for esthetic reasons if the cable cannot been seen....

I just bought a house and it has a nice big aerial antenna on thh roof that I plan to use for local HD to my 622. My Dish installation is next week. I chased the antenna wire from the roof , into the basement where it was snipped off about 3 feet out from the exterior wall.

My question is, am I asking too much to ask the Dish installer to run a new cable to my antenna, or should I handle that myself and just have the antenna wire at the TV location when they come?
Depends on how much work needs ot be done..If it's a just a few feet of cable I'd do it for a few bucks...A major run will result in a major charge..
If it costs me money and time I demand to be paid for the time and material...gotta be that way...The bottom line is as soon as I install the cable I then become obligated to postion the antenna for signal purposes well. That is more work..That work must be compensated

A good example as to why I don't buy white cable..Most people in this area don't want it anyway so it just sits in my garage..Plus when possible I hide the cables..I love vinyl siding...I can hide 99% of the runs...Downspouts are big bonus to..On brick or hardyplank homes I bury the lateral runs rather than attach them to the exterior...I like a clean look..And the customers love it!
I wonder if the the cut in your example wanted the interior runs replaced as well. I would not do that..Why would someone want to replace cables for esthetic reasons if the cable cannot been seen....

Would you consider riding to Raleigh to upgrade my Dish 500 for HD locals? :)
BTW I have some friends in Matthews, talk about your growth areas!

Would you consider riding to Raleigh to upgrade my Dish 500 for HD locals? :)
BTW I have some friends in Matthews, talk about your growth areas!
You guys have HD locals?!!!! . We don't.....
I would come to your place but the ride alone would cost you enough to make it more resonable to get someone local..I try not to turn down work but a 170 mile drive is a bit much....Now if you had friends or relatives in the area that needed stuff done it would be worth the trip..
To be honest I don't know yet which bird the HD locals will transmit from..
I'm in Union County..We are the fastest grwoing county in the state..Our roads are clogged with traffic..Our new county commisioners just rescinded a county wide moratorium on new constuction...That is going to have disasterous results..

A friend of mine had a good idea. Use white cable for the antenna, and black for the dish. That way, when you're in the basement screwing around you know what's what right away. As far as the issue of the cable being visible, his house is sided in white so it was a non-issue.

Whatever cable you use, make sure the outdoor portion is either completely hidden from the elements, or can withstand the UV exposure. IIRC, the white cable is not well suited for exposure to sunlight and as such the outer jacket will break down much more quickly and the cable will need to be replaced that much sooner. YMMV...

A friend of mine had a good idea. Use white cable for the antenna, and black for the dish. That way, when you're in the basement screwing around you know what's what right away. As far as the issue of the cable being visible, his house is sided in white so it was a non-issue.
Good idea if you don't have a toning device..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts