This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Will Dish make a Dish Pro Plus Quad LNBF??

rtt2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
I know that Dish makes a DPP Twin currently, but I was wondering if they will be producing a DPP Quad. If so when

Scott anyone know????

I've thought about it a little, and I don't think so.

Historically, it appears that E* targets the 4-tuner install.

Quads filled that need prior to DishProPlus & dual-tuner boxes.

DPP44 switches cover much of the rest, and cascaded switches finish the job.

I DO see the DPP Twin becoming the "default" LNBF, replacing the current DP Twin.

I've thought about this too and I'd have to agree with Simon...but I hope we're both wrong! Many of my installs lately have been with a 522/811/301 combo. Of course, I could use a DPP44, but it would be nice if there was some kind of hybrid DPP Twin/Quad (or even call it a Trio) to let me use the best of all. With the above scenario, I still have to use a Quad, run two wires, and diplex for the second tuner of the 522...just a thought!

Yeah - no argument from me. There IS still one extra place for a coax jack on the Twin/Quad chassis. They could make a DPP Twin that had a DPP42 instead of the current DPP32 switch functionality.

Or it could be a DPP33 - which is what would float your boat.

I still don't see what's the big deal with running 2 wires to a dual tunner, you have to run one anyways, just tape them together. The Quad still is the favorite and best option for me.

Or do a DPP Triple

how about a dpp 34 standard with superdishes? I've just recently moved from a sd market to a 500 market and these dpp twins are AWESOME! (I know dpp 44's are out there, just not in the sd kit)

I think its odd how Dish Network requires all these external large switches to get the job done when DirecTv has a smaller 3 sat dish with built in switch all in such a small package that feeds four receivers.

I would very much like to see a DPP Quad.

The reason is that I have a legacy Quad today feeding three receivers (811, 508, 4900). I would like to upgrade the 811 to a 942 when it comes out. I would like to use the dual tuner functionality of the 942 and I'd like to do this without running additional wires.

(I know I would need to upgrade the 4900 to a Dish Pro capable box to do this and I would be happy to do so. The only thing I'm not happy doing is running more wire )

Stargazer said:
I think its odd how Dish Network requires all these external large switches to get the job done when DirecTv has a smaller 3 sat dish with built in switch all in such a small package that feeds four receivers.
The external 4-output switches are only required when an FSS or wing dish is needed.

D* has the SAME problem with some of their DMAs.

A DPPlus Quad is still low-demand.

Besides my earlier comment about the DP Twin dying off in favor of the DPPlus Twin as the standard Dish500 setup, we might also see the DPP44 replace the DP34 in the SuperDish setup.

The DPPlus Twin price was recently cut in half - to not a lot more than the DP Twin. The DPP44 price is also falling.

They've just got to dump the old inventory on us first.

Stargazer said:
Personally I prefer the external switch. I can have the switch in my basement, and run the 4 lines from there. With the switch inside, I only require 1 line per satellite to go from the Dishes to inside the house.

It benefits those that have more than three receivers/tuners in that it saves some wire runs. The DPP seperators with the DPP switches will help eliminate this problem. maybe they can make the switches smaller eventually and integrate those to the dish better. They could still make it able to be seperated from the dish for replacement if needed.