Will the Lack Of a dishwire stop u from buying a 921

I going back to cable, They have a DVR with active firewire ports
(Motorola 6208)

See Ya

firewire....oh uh I mean dishwire really wasn't an Issue for me, now if the 922 comes out w/a dvd burner and be able to burn HD Programs.
Now that peaks my interest

beast37799 said:
just so we all know the 922 isnt confirmed as even existing

as far as I'm concerned the 921 is still vapor ware.

it's like a mystical creature, a few have claimed to have seen it.
but, I have yet to see one. :confued:

BTW I know the 921 isn't vapor ware.
But I do understand the 922 is. :D

In my opinion the 921 is a POS.

Nothing but constant daily lockups and freezing. Now with the mention of the possibility of a 922 and E* not even getting the 921 right, I am thoroughly P***ed.

I dont care that the 922 DVD burner will only burn SD. What is the point of having HD if you can't record it or send it through Firewire to another storage device.

If it weren't for E* having my locals on the bird, I would still be a DTV customer. I am half tempted to ship everything back and tell 'em where to stuff it.

Watching and waiting....

You know, I have never considered Voom until now, if their PVR has a firewire out and can be recorded by JVC DVHS I will stop paying a flaky company like Dish $200 a month and seriously concider the alternatives, and there will be alternatives, sooner or later. It's called progress, The is a huge step backwards for the 921 in my opinion.

Guess I could use another option. I'll keep the 921 for now. Good chance I'll sell it down the road when something better (with firewire) comes along (like dual tuner Comcast HD PVR w/ support for firewire hard drives).

May take a bath when I sell it - especially if E* has to drop the price.

I have still got my $50.0 deposit for a 921 with dish depot, curiously I never had any inclination to download by firewire to a DVHS, although I can understand it's appeal, anyway even with no plans to use the firewire I find myself caught up in the uproar and I feel like fortune has vomited on my eiderdown once more!

This is most likely the last straw (never say never). The real irony is...for all these months I thought I was extremely unlucky for not being able to obtain a 921. I'd guess things have worked out rather well for me after all. ;)

BOTWHORT curiously I never had any inclination to download by firewire to a DVHS said:
I'm not an archiver myself, so the firewire was not an issue.
I did buy the HM-DSR 100 receiver/VCR combo a few years back, that really wasn't worth the money, no upgrades to it and standard outputs, for a couple of hundred more I can buy a receiver w/2 sat 1/ota tuner and never have to worry about spending $10+ on D Vhs tapes and probably IMHO get a cleaner play back the the dsr100.

It actually sounds like the 921 a good deal (as long as 90% of the bugs are fixed)

Gredneck, save yourself some money, Just buy the cheap $3 tapes and drill a hole in the proper spot and it will record the digital just fine.

I'll still consider buying one but it will have to be less than the $1000 price.
They should make an offer to the loyal Dish users like they have with the 6000U and the 811. I wouldn't expect quite that good of a price though.

gredneck said:
BOTWHORT curiously I never had any inclination to download by firewire to a DVHS said:
I'm not an archiver myself, so the firewire was not an issue.
I did buy the HM-DSR 100 receiver/VCR combo a few years back, that really wasn't worth the money, no upgrades to it and standard outputs, for a couple of hundred more I can buy a receiver w/2 sat 1/ota tuner and never have to worry about spending $10+ on D Vhs tapes and probably IMHO get a cleaner play back the the dsr100.

Actually I have had a DSR 100 for 6 years now, I enjoy the digital quality it has given me over my regular VCR. I agree with you, it is time to upgrade and a DVR seems the perfect solution, also upgrading to a HDTV so I need a OTA HD tuner anyway. The last post is probably correct as I have used SVHS tapes to record digital and it worked fine.

IMO dish needs to come out with a firewire STB to compete with the cable companies. At a minimum, they need to allow hard drive upgrades on the 921. 20-25 hours of HD recording capacity is not enough.

beast37799 said:
well dish needs to do something or theyll loose thousands of dollars in sales just from this poll it looks like there gonna lose atleast $28,000 in sales :no :no :confused: :eek: :no :mad: now up to 40,000 dollars
That doesn't include all the others that already had decided to not get a 921 based on all the bug reports in the box.