Will This Work - Modifying Shaw Direct Set Up

Frenchophile

Frenchophile

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 12, 2008
322
3
MI
Hey,

So I have two 30" dishes, one pointed at each Satellite, and from the LNBs, I have two 2x1 switches. works good for my 505 and 319. With the new 630 coming out, hoping that it works great, I will want to switch out the 319, but I need another line coming into the house. Will the 5x8 Eagle Aspen work with this set-up? Thanks
 
J

Jumbo Dumbo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2005
304
0
Hook up the outputs from your F1R aimed dish to the 13V inputs, F2 to 18V
 
Frenchophile

Frenchophile

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 12, 2008
322
3
MI
awesome. thanks for your help. will do it tomorrow and update you on efficacy
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
49
Mankato, MN
Hook up the outputs from your F1R aimed dish to the 13V inputs, F2 to 18V

that wont work as the LNB's are unstacked

you need to hook the F1 lines to 13v & 18v and the F2 lines to 13v+22K and 18v+22K

Anole has a real good explanation in the FTA area but here is how it looks (its a FTA setup but the recievers can be Directv or Shaw since they all use 22k switching)
attachment.php
 
J

Jumbo Dumbo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 20, 2005
304
0
Brain fart - mine is hooked up exactly the way you show in your diagram Iceberg.

Thanks for correcting my error.
 
Frenchophile

Frenchophile

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 12, 2008
322
3
MI
update:

got everything hooked up according to the picture (thnx ice!). one receiver (505) is working perfectly, the other (319) is not getting any signal from either satellite. will do some further investigation tomorrow and provide further updates.
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
299
49
Mankato, MN
hook the 319 up where the 505 is. If it works there, then it could be a cable, an end or a port on the switch
 
Frenchophile

Frenchophile

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 12, 2008
322
3
MI
update: it works

update:

label line 1 as the one going to 505 (worked yesterday)
Label line 2 as the one going to the 319 (didn't work)

so first, I checked line 1 in all the other seven ports of the switch to confirm it works correctly.

then i checked the 319 with line 1 to confirm the receiver works correctly.

Then I went to the basement, where the lines from the switch connect with the lines in the house.

Then I checked line 1 in with line 2 out - works
Then I checked Line 2 in with line 1 out - does NOT work

I checked the integrity of connectors (compression), and they seemed to be grossly intact

So then I replaced line 2 in from the switch to the basement and everything works. (yay!)

the interesting thing is, line 2 had been giving me problems from day 1 of setting everything up 2 yrs ago, and I thought I fixed the problem with new connectors, but I guess there was something in the line.

anyhoo, thanks again for your help and humoring me. Next on the agenda will be a 630.
 

Similar threads

vixens
Replies
35
Views
8K
DJdish
DJdish
B
Replies
5
Views
2K
joshuals
J
F
Replies
2
Views
8K
Mr Tony
M
bobvick
Replies
9
Views
2K
bobvick
bobvick
Top